About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Three D's
He Came
Our Thanksgiving
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
One Thousand Gifts
Quilting Day
Holding His Hand
A CHRISTMAS CAP FOR LARRY
A New Memeber of the Family
God With Us

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Ears to Hear




The chapter for today, posted on a friend's blog, was Exodus 6. I don't know how many times I've read this passage of scripture about Moses and the Children of Israel, but I know it's been a few. This time a verse jumped out at me that I had never really thought significant before. It is verse 9:

"So Moses told the people of Israel what the Lord had said, but they refused to listen any more. They had become too discouraged by the brutaility of their slavery." (NLT)

Moses had come to tell them that the Lord was going to free them from oppression and slavery - that He was going to rescue them. It was what they had been praying for their entire lives, but they were too discouraged to listen. They had listened to Moses once before and the brutality had only gotten worse. Now they were having none of it. They would just continue as they were - slaves to brutal masters.

Those words took my breath away. . . .

This devotional is posted at Laced With Grace today. Please join me there.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 9:37 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

The Father's love poured out in a Baby's cry, brings us into the Promised Land.

Your post is beautiful. We are so like the children of Israel, when we are in the midst of the crisis, many times we fail to see our Father's love poured out for us.

Annette

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

It is true we cry out for help but we don't hear Him. We would hear him if we would just take time to get to know him daily.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, I know I have read it before but I know what you mean when a scripture stands out ... I know I have been that way - too beat down to listen but then eventually God somehow grabs my attention - and I am not always happy as to how that happens either but in the end, I am so glad he loves me enough to keep on prodding me in the right direction.... No more slavery for me... I am free in the Lord! Hallelujah!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger grammy said...

When you live 'In the World' you are a slave to a brutal master. That's why we have to live 'Not of the World'. I hope I will have on my listening ears (as we say to preschoolers) when the Father is trying to tell me something.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful, Linda!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

Thanks for sharing that verse. This is the kind of thing that happens when we take our eyes off of God.

Many sweet blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home