About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Content
Back Home Where He Belongs
My Weekend
Pray
Choices
One Thousand Gifts
Tell Me the Story
Worship and Praise
Preemie Stocking Caps
A Father-Son Project

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, November 09, 2008
We Really Do Have Hills
It is a beautiful day. These are the days I've longed for all during our relentlessly hot summer. I know what you're thinking and you're right. It's always hot in Texas in the summer. However, this summer was a record-breaker, and there were times it seemed it would never cool off. It has, and the fact that we can actually turn off the a.c. and open the windows is a huge blessing.

Walking is becoming a lot more pleasant too. I was thinking about the post I did on our walk. A few of you were surprised that we have hills here so I thought I would show you a few pictures of what it looks like just "down the road a piece". I hope you enjoy them. I love riding along these roads






We have spent many happy hours at this state park. It was the place our son always picked to have his July 4th birthday party!

This is the road we traveled when we went camping a couple of Thanksgivings ago.


















See - we really do have hills!


All of these beautiful photos are courtesey of flickr.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 12:17 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, you really do have lovely hills - I had no idea. Beautiful pictures.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I'm so glad I'm a Texan. (even though I have to drive a couple of hours to be in the hills)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger grammy said...

I can't remember if I commented or not, but I wanted to say I liked the pics. I have never been to Texas. Have a great week.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Beautiful pictures!!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

You live in a beautiful part of God's world, Linda.

Hope you have a great new week! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I do believe that it is your BIRTHDAY today!! Pea let the cat out of the bag, so I am here to say Happy Birthday, my sweet friend! Have a wonderful day!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I love the state park photo. My dad was born and raised in Texas, but he said it was mostly flat where he lived. When my husband and I were first married we had to drive across country to our new home in VA...I had never been to Texas so we stopped in my dad's hometown to camp for the night and it was so desolate! But this is proof that Texas can also be beautiful!

And a little bird told me (her name is Pea!) that it's your birthday today?
A very, very happy birthday to you, dear Linda!
Hugs,
~Tammy

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

What beauty God has created with those hills.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hey, glad somebody told us it's your birthday! Looks like you've passed me by again for this year --

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hi Linda..thanks so much for your visit and kind comment on my blog.
I have really enjoyed my visit to you!

What beautiful pics!

I have added you to my blogroll and I will be back soon!
Have a great week,
Love Jess

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Linda
Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!!!

I hope you've had a wonderful day, my friend.

Such gorgeous pictures of all those hills...such beautiful scenery!! xoxo

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I love the photos and you do have beautiful hills in Texas. Thanks for sharing them.

I hope you had a Happy Birthday and I hope you have MANY more! BLESSINGS!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Alycia said...

Hi Linda, I wanted to thank you so very much for your sweet comment and for the prayers of your husband and yourself, for my family and husband. It means the world to us to know that there are people praying for us, for our children, for Ron's safety. I pray God continues to bless you for your loving kindness.

The pictures you shared are beautiful! I miss the wide open spaces of America! Also, I wish you a very Happy Birthday!!

((Hugs))

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Hill upon Hill said...

I love hills. It is nice to meet you.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Linda,
The state park reminds me of Guadelupe. Am I close? My sister lives in New Braunfels...and I wish I lived further south and closer to her. I love the slower pace she enjoys in NB.

Your pictures are beautiful! I love how open the skies are and how rugged the country side is. big sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home