About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Pray
Choices
One Thousand Gifts
Tell Me the Story
Worship and Praise
Preemie Stocking Caps
A Father-Son Project
Learning to Lean
Pruning
Our Walk

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, November 02, 2008
My Weekend
Our weekends are ordinarily very quiet and routine. This weekend has been even quieter than most. My husband has a bad sinus infection, so we are staying very close to home (in fact not leaving it at all!). The doctor said he is contagious right now, so we didn't even attempt to go to church.

This is the way I spent saturday:


Since there were lots of apples in the refrigerator, I decided to bake my husband an apple pie. I'm pretty sure it helps you get over a sinus infection faster - and besides, who can resist baking a pie for a man who says you make the best apple pie in the world?!

I wandered around outside for a little while scattering apple peelings for any little critters who might happen by. I always toss them under the Red Oak tree. It is the only tree on the entire two acres whose leaves change color. There are just a few branches beginning to turn. I'll take a picture when it is in its full glory. We just love this tree!








Then I came inside and sat at the kitchen table to work on my Bible Study. We are studying portions of Psalm 119 this week. The Psalms minister to me in such a powerful way. I've really enjoyed this study.


Then I finished reading "Over the Gate" - a Miss Read book. It is one of those books that you just hate to see ending. I could have gone on reading about the people in the little village of Fairacre for days.



I worked on my Christmas music during the afternoon too. I even have the audacity to be in the process of writing a little song of my own. Goodness me!


Of course there was time spent here....



I think I will finish this pair of socks this weekend. I'm knitting them for my daughter for her birthday. She will need nice warm socks when she returns to France in January.



This is my little corner of the couch where I will sit and read and knit while my husband gets his fill of sports. I must admit that I got involved watching the Tech/ U.T. game last evening. It really was a great one.

That's pretty much it. Today looks to be a repeat of yesterday (all except for baking a pie and a new book). This is not the place for high excitement this weekend. Just between you and me, I am thankful for this time at home with no place to go. It does a body good.

Praying your weekend is filled with blessings,

 
  posted at 11:22 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful - except for the sinus infection part!

So your daughter is going back to France?! What is she doing there? She must love it.

I can't believe your one tree hasn't changed yet and ours are all almost empty of leaves already. Except for the one I showed on my newest post today.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Fun to hear about your weekend. We have been doing yard work and shampooing carpets and tonight our grandaughter has a birthday. Busy.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Hope your husband feels better. One nice trick for sinus infections is putting Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of your feet and then wear white, cotton socks...it helps with the congestion. Coloured socks work, just like the colour a lot because your feet may be that colour for a day or 2.

I fell asleep in the last 15 min of the Tech/UT game. I saw the last second on the news this a.m. Wow! I think a certain presidential candidate will pull it out in the last second.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Can I come over a slice of that pie? ~smile~

And those socks!

You live a life pouring out for others in loving, tender things. Loving well where you are.

Keep pressing on, my dear friend...
All's grace,
Ann

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

what a nice day. The pie looks good enought to be in a book.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Apple pie cures all that ails you! hehe I love apple pie as well and it always makes the house smell so nice when it's baking. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend...sometimes we need a quiet weekend to recharge our batteries. Hope your hubby feels better soon! xoxo

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger homespun living said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
Deb

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Amy said...

yes it does sound fun, I hope you're on the mend after your sinus issues. I battled a migrained throughout the weekend *sigh*. Oh btw i LOVE Psalm 119 and that other books looks like my kind of reading.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I love having weekends like that!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Hope your husband is feeling better now and I have no doubt that apple pie helped tremendously :-).

Your trees are lovely... I can just imagine walking among them. And I'm so happy to see a being-made knitted sock! I'm just learning and picked up a book this afternoon to knit me a pair for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home