About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Back Home Where He Belongs
My Weekend
Pray
Choices
One Thousand Gifts
Tell Me the Story
Worship and Praise
Preemie Stocking Caps
A Father-Son Project
Learning to Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, November 06, 2008
Content


My little world has "righted" itself. It is such joy to just be at home and back to the comfort of everyday life. The windows are open wide to let in the beautiful breezes, the washing machine and dryer are humming away taking care of all the laundry that has accumulated over the past several days, I'm going to make a big pot of soup in a little while, there is time to practice piano, read a good book, knit a few rows....I am content.

God is so good. He has blessed me far more than I could possibly deserve. Events in the world swirl around us, and I know it is easy to feel as though we are caught in a terrible storm. But I am reminded, as I have seen His tender care of my family during our time of need, He will take care of us. As we walk faithfully in the way He would have us go, He will take us by the hand and hold on tightly. He is our rock, the firm foundation under our feet. He has not changed; He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still our hope, our comfort, our peace. He will never leave us or forsake us. His word will forever stand.

I feel as though I am "out of touch" with everyone. Over the next few days I'll get caught up. Thank you again for your prayers and for all the sweet comments. That is the "real" stuff of life.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:54 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I'm so happy your Dad is getting the care he needs and all of you are back home. It never ceases to amaze me how good 'home' can be for the soul. Glad you are enjoying it.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Definitely!

There is no better Friend. :)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Linda I am so glad you are back home, your dad is doing better and is BACK HOME as well! I know that makes your heart feel better!

I had you on my mind today and have just now had a moment to try and check on things! I love a appreciate you! I hope you enjoyed your day! Soup, open windows, smells of washer/dryer clean clothes---mmm and top it off with a good book! Sounds like a great day!

Have a blessed weekend and try and rest some!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Glad you are enjoying your righted world. Good soup and a humming dryer. Your Dad doing well. PTL (0:

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Linda,

I am so glad your father is home and all is well. It's nice to be at home in the midst of the little things.

xoxo Annette

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

I like to visualize God's hand in mine. It brings about a deep peace.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds good!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

Great news that your dad is back home! And, that you are as well, getting back to the regular things that make life...life.

God IS good! :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so glad to hear this Linda. What a beautiful world in the midst of troubled times. A true testimony of His love and sustenance. I wanted to email you when you shared last time over at my place in response to suffering and prosperity, that was so heart wrenching and beautiful. I was so blessed by all that was shared. Thank you dear Linda, you bless me.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Great thoughts, Linda...
God certainly uses you to bless us all!

Glad you're back...and that your dad is doing so well!

Hugs,
~Tammy

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What an encouraging sweet post. So happy your Dad is home as well. Hugs!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm glad you're enjoying my vacation photos. It is such fun to take pictures.

Kristen has a great new post!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Maxine said...

This was both refreshing and comforting to read during the times we're in. I'm glad I came by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home