About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Weeds
Heaven's Technology
A Fresh New Look!
One Thousand Gifts
A Feathered Praise Choir
A Guest From England
Thankful Thursday
At Long Last - Pictures!
Salvation's Plan
The Father's Love

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, April 11, 2008
Under the Weather
I really should just quietly make my way to the couch and watch "Sense and Sensibility" as planned, but in a pathetic bid for sympathy I thought I would write about how I am feeling just plain yucky and won't be doing much on the computer for a day or two. Can it be that after twenty-five years of saying "I have never been bothered by allergies" (my smug response whenever anyone says that if you live in Texas for any length of time you eventually develop allergies) I am allergic to the oak pollen that is filling the air? Surely not.

In any event, I have a scratchy throat, runny nose, cough and the general all-around blahs (not to mention not being able to sleep last night)and am feeling sorry for myself. So...a cup of tea and Jane Austen - that should do the trick.

I shall now make my way to the living room. Don't feel too sorry for me though. I'm not really terribly sick (in fact I'm one of those people who rarely get sick) - just enough to have a bit of an excuse to goof off this afternoon. I'm sure I'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:05 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I can recommend the couch and a good book or movie, Linda. Wonderful recuperative properties! I hope you are feeling better soon.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger LivingTheLife said...

I agreee with linds...the couch, a cup of tea, and a good book or movie...geez...makes me wish I had allergies today! NOT...I too, live in Texas and the older I get the more I am bothered by seasonal allergies. My husband is like you...he rarely gets sick...but this has been a banner year for him as well...and I think most of it started with ALLERGIES...

Feel better soon...and enjoy playing hookey...for the entire weekend!

Blessings...
Teresa

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Rebekah Hughes said...

Nice to meet you too.

I trust you will be feeling better soon. I think it would have been a great day for a cup of tea and a visit with Jane Austen.

Thanks for dropping by.
Rebekah

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit off, but am so relieved it's allergies and not anything serious.
Rest till you feel better!
xo

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hope your feeling better. A cup of tea, and a book sounds like just the right thing.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Linda! First, let me tell you that I LOVE your new look! Susie did a great job, as usual. I have yet to see a template of hers that I didn't like. :o)

I'm feeling much like you: not really sick, but not 100% either. Hope you're feeling better soon, my friend.

I'd send you some water if I could. We have more than we need right now with all the flooding. Still, the Lord knows best.

Have a great weekend, Linda! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww you poor dear, I do hope you start feeling much better real soon. It's no fun being sick!! My son Corey suffers from some Spring allergies and can feel pretty miserable with them. Thinking of you!! xoxo

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Then I won't say, for the 65 years I've lived in Texas, the pollen has never bothered me! I did get flu this year, even after the shot!

We are in the Hill Country right now, and pollen is everywhere, but I do feel fine.

Hope you feel much, much better tomorrow.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, bless your heart! And you know what? Today was an unusually warm and sunny day here, and I suddenly was sneezing and blowing my nose- and it didn't feel like a cold. I've never had that much a problem with allergies before, either!

I would love to kick back and watch Sense and Sensibility with you, Linda...it's one of my all time favs!

(Come over and read Part 2 of my road trip...when you're feeling up to it, that is!)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Linda I hope you are better. I like to think of those days as God's gift to me. An afternoon of doing nothing. Oh I would like one of them right now.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am behind again! I hope by now you are feeling much better - Claritin to the rescue??

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

PS, when you're feeling better, you must come over and see the answer to my guessing game!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's Monday afternoon - hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home