About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Taking a Little Break
When I Was A Young Girl....
The Right Way
A Thank You
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Thankful Thursday
Others' Words
More Lessons Learned While Biking
The Living Word
Scarlett O'Hara Here

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, September 13, 2007
Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am filled with thanksgiving for the life-changing Word of God.

We had Revival services at our church this past week. It was so moving to see people respond to the simple message of salvation. When I think of the way I so often let doubt and outright unbelief cloud my vision, it is so refreshing to see people who are hearing for perhaps the first time the good news that Christ died for their sins and made a way back to the Father for them - accept Him with simple child-like faith.

When the invitation was given, and dozens of people stood and then walked down the aisle something happened I have never experienced before. Everyone began to applaud, and then we all stood to our feet in a standing ovation. At first I felt a little uncomfortable, and then I thought about all of heaven rejoicing over the souls that were being saved, and I clapped all the harder. What joy! What victory! What a miracle! I couldn’t hold back the tears. People who had walked into that service with no hope were leaving with new life. I never want to get blasé about seeing people receive Jesus as Savior. I pray so hard for God to do miracles, and I was witnessing the greatest miracle of all. Thank You Jesus.

Bible Study has started again, and I am so thankful. I love to study the word. I have been to a good many Bible studies through the years, but there is always something fresh and new to learn. If I will let the word get from my head down into my heart, it will change my life – every time. I never ‘arrive’. Just when I think I’ve pretty well got it all figured out, God is ready to teach me something new. There is always that next thing to begin working on.

We’re doing a study I’ve done once before, but I know the Lord has something different for me this time around. That’s the amazing thing about God’s word. It is living. The same words can speak in a totally different way according to what the Spirit is doing in my life. A verse I may have read casually a dozen different times suddenly pierces my heart with a truth I hadn’t seen before. It is miraculous.

I am so deeply thankful for the Living Word.

For more Thankful Thursday posts please visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:44 AM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Such sweet blessings you have to be thankful for dear one.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I am thankful for the Word of God too and yes, you are right, it is always new and refreshing.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

What wonderful news that souls were saved and saints were refreshed in your revival!

Our pastor has mentioned a Fall revival, but no news as of yet when it might be. I'm more than ready for it!

Have a wonderful Thursday, Linda. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So wonderful to hear about those coming to Jesus! What a wonderful week to be thankful for!
:D

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wonderful blessings and it's always a joy knowing that people were saved...I would have stood up and clapped with you:-) xox

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Yes, the life-changing Word of God!! Rejoicing with you!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Sounds like the revival was awesome! I love seeing new babes born in Christ! What a blessed time!
I love your thankful post---have a blessed weekend Linda :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a wonderful time of reviving for your soul. Glad you're back!

Kristen will have a post up soon - she doesn't want me to say anything, so I"m honoring that.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I am doing a new Bible study this year. It is a community Bible study "CBS"! It's a national interdenominational program on a local level. So far, I am enjoying it. But you are right, God's word is a blessing indeed!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, Linda this post made me want to stand and applaud as well. Hallelujah! What a wonderful week you have had. And for so many, the beginning of an unspeakably joyous eternity.

Yes, the Living, Breathing, Accomplishing, Powerful Word of God is a miraculous thing. When it falls on me afresh in the way you described, I wonder to myself why I don't spend the majority of my days face down in my Bible!

Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I love a good revival. When I attend a Southern Baptist church we use to have them once a year. I am now in a Bible church and we don't have any. I have to say, I really miss them.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

" I never want to get blasé about seeing people receive Jesus as Savior."

YES!

Let's never get used to He can do.

You so bless me.

I send love...
All's grace,
Ann

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger AngelK said...

Linda, what a wonderful blessing! God is good!! I enjoy your posts very much.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

6oo people..wow! Like you, I cry tears of happiness when someone gets saved :) It just makes me choke up. The spontaneous clapping is a great way to show the joy! We've had that happen in our church too..although we're a much smaller congregation. I'm sure it made the Lord smile :)
We're having a speaker at church Sun. through Wed. of next week. He's been coming each Fall for 5 years now and we always enjoy him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home