About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
Taking a Little Break
When I Was A Young Girl....
The Right Way
A Thank You
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Thankful Thursday
Others' Words
More Lessons Learned While Biking
The Living Word

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, September 16, 2007
Hope


It has been a difficult week for many of our precious friends. Amy Wilhoite lost her battle with cancer and went to be with her Beloved Savior. Kelli was critically ill and had to be hospitalized. She is home from the hospital for now and needs our prayers. Myrna's brother also went home to be with the Lord after a battle with cancer. I am sure there are many others who are suffering in one way or another. It just seems to be part of the human experience.

It can all become a bit overwhelming, but we can echo the words of the Psalmist when he cries out:


"Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise Him,
my Savior and my God." Ps. 42:5


No matter what the circumstances there is always hope; hope in the God who loves us and faithfully keeps His promises to never leave us or forsake us; hope in the God who has promised to work all things together for good; hope in the One who loves us so much He gave His own beloved Son to die for us.

That hope, in the face of such sorrow, was rekindled in my heart this week when I read Kristen's post about the miracle God did in her life. He is still in the business of doing the impossible. It was rekindled when our Pastor told us that nearly 600 people gave their lives to Jesus during our Revival services. Miracles - each and every one of them. He is still in the business of saving lost souls.

I am so thankful that He has given us such a precious gift - hope. My hope is in the Lord.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:19 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Linda, you have written this so beautifully. It has been a week of ups and downs in our blogging neighbourhood, hasn't it. I am so thankful that Kelli is home at the moment. And what wonderful news of your revival meetings! God is really great.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

It has truly been a week of hope. I thought about Amy alot while I Was in the hospital, and her grace through all of this.

Thank you for putting things down so well. It really spoke to my heart.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger someone else said...

There have been some real challenges across blogland recently. I firmly believe in a God of miracles and peace, and I'm glad He provides for anyone who asks. This was a beautiful post, Linda.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Beautifully said, as usual! I am so thankful that our miracle was able to lift spirits in the midst of all the sadness. Thank you!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Beautifully written as always, Linda!
It's true there is sadness, but if we look carefully, there is also so much joy and so many blessings to be found.
xo

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Linda...thank you so much for this encouraging and beautiful post!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I agree Kristens news was so refreshing after all of the saddness. God is good!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Amen, without hope we would be lost but we do have a "Blessed Hope".

Thank you for a beautiful post!

God Bless!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Yes, Linda...there is hope...as long as there is breath in our bodies...that's what my "hope" was for my daughter! And now, she is a child of the King! After 7 (seeming long) years of prayer and many trials....she's His! She "chose" Him.
This was such an encouraging post!
God bless you friend!!!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

Thank you.

My time with my family, although sad, was peaceful and precious because we know that Charles is with the Lord. We also know he is no longer battling disease and pain.

thank you for the prayers/

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I have chosen an older post to leave you my email address, Linda, so that it is not up there on today's one.
lal50@btinternet.com
I would love to stay in touch when you have the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home