About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
I'm Late, I'm Late.....
Fear
Hope
Thankful Thursday
Taking a Little Break
When I Was A Young Girl....
The Right Way
A Thank You
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, September 24, 2007
Bits and Pieces



For all of you who asked for a picture of me with my new short hairdo – that will have to wait for a little while. Here’s the thing… I don’t have a digital camera. My daughter bought a new one to take on her trip to Europe and is giving me her old one. She just has to delete the memory stick or something. So when she gives me her old camera, I will have her take my picture and maybe I’ll post it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a picture taken that I like. Either I look a lot sillier than I thought or I just don’t take a very good picture. I promise to give it a try though.


Some time ago Mary gave me this very sweet award. It’s funny. Whenever I get these awards I always feel like the person giving it to me is much more deserving of it than I am. Thank you, Mary, for thinking of me and for your very kind words. It really is a special blessing to know someone thinks enough of you to give you an award.


Our daughter was here yesterday with one hundred pictures of her trip to share with us. She assured us this is only part one. I think she took about six hundred pictures. Fortunately we love looking at pictures. She sat between us on the couch and gave us a little travelogue of her trip.


Her first stop was Paris, which she loved. Then she flew to Barcelona for a few days – which she loved even more. The next stop was Madrid which didn’t get nearly the rave reviews the other two cities received. Then it was back to Paris for the remainder of her vacation.


I think her favorite part of the trip (besides the great food in Paris) was meeting other young people from all over the world. She stayed with a friend in Paris, but in both Barcelona and Madrid she stayed in Hostels. She met people from Tokyo, Moscow and Austria – just to name a few. They were all so friendly and kind and she enjoyed spending time with them. She also had friends in Barcelona and Madrid she had only met through correspondence, and they were wonderful about taking her to all the places she wanted to see and showing her the things they loved about their own city. I have to say, we prayed constantly for her while she was gone. She is very independent, brave and smart – but I imagined all sorts of scenarios that kept me on my knees (I need to read my own post on fear and worry I think).


She is so funny about the food. If you could see her, you would think she never ate a sweet thing in her life. She is very slim. However, she loves good food and she especially loves good deserts. She even took pictures of some of the meals and deserts she had. Paris was her favorite place for deserts and crepes, and sadly Madrid just didn’t make the grade as far as she was concerned.


She brought me back some lovely scented soap and a pair of earrings from Paris. It was such fun to listen to all her stories. She is already planning her next trip. It is her dream to be able to live in France for a couple of months out of the year. She could certainly do work from wherever she is. If she does, Mom and Dad will be sure to visit – often!


I’ve been reading everyone’s great Fall Reading Lists. I’m just a real dead beat this time around. Right now I’m reading the Mitford series for the fourth time because I just couldn’t find anything that I really wanted to read. However, I have some great ideas now that I’ve seen some of your lists. I think Angela Hunt has to be way up at the top somewhere. So perhaps I’ll just list books as I read them.


Well, time to call it a night.

Tuesday is Dawn’s birthday. Happy Birthday Dawn!!! It is also Cyndi’s daughter’s birthday. Wishes for a blessed and happy birthday to both of them.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:45 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Isn't living vicariously a hoot? So glad she had a great, great trip :)

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like you had a little mini trip via your daughter's photos :)
You'll love the digital camera once you get the hang of it.
Oh, and congratulations on the award.
Richly deserved my friend!
xo

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

You so deserve the YMMS award, Linda. :-)

It's always nice to travel from the comfort of your house by looking at someone else's pictures. Glad she had a safe and enjoyable trip.

Love you,

Diane

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

So glad God kept your daughter safe and that she had such a good time. Our daughter has been to Europe, her husband is Italian and still has family there.Pictures are a wonderful thing and like Susie said, once you get use to a digital camera you will find yourself taking a lot more pictures
BE BLESSED:-)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Great to know she is home safe and had a wonderful time! Photos are the next best thing to being there.
I agree...great award for someone who always makes me smile too!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Wow on her trip!!! I totally understand why your knees are the place to be!
As to the "reading"....I am so with you on the Mitford series! I have re-read some more than twice!!! I love the village and want to visit there myself!!!
I heard that Jan Karon has a new series started on Father Tim..."The Holly Springs Series"...have you heard about it???

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Linda:-) Your daughter would make a good blogger since she already takes pictures of food and desserts! hehe I can well imagine how much you enjoyed hearing her stories...may her dream of one day living in France come true!! Congratulations on the award, my friend, very much deserved!! xoxo

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Linda---"Home to Holly Springs" is due to come out October 27, 2007. Go to this website http://www.mitfordbooks.com/MeetJanKaron.asp
and read up on her schedule!
I can't wait!!!
I have several of her books (I checked them out from the library and then bought my own copies later) I have picked some up at second hand stores and bought some from CBD and Crossings. I give them as gifts too. To me---a good book--is an awesome gift!!
Have a blessed day!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

sounds like your daughter had a wonderful time and experience in Europe!

congrats on the award :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

You make me smile too, Linda.
And your words here take a perfect picture of you: BEAUTIFUL.

How I send love.

Ann

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

your daughter's trip sounds wonderful. Wouldn't it be fun to live somewhere like Paris for awhile?!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, how wonderful to see the world through your daughter's eyes. I love to sit with my daughter and look through her pictures... I can see her eyes light up and can only imagine the memories behind them! I'm SO glad she had a good trip and that y'all have had time to catch up. AND, I can't wait to see your hair. I know what you mean, I have never had a picture of myself that I like, either. They usually look just like me, I'm afraid, LOL.

Congratulations on the award, too! You really do deserve it. You make me smile everytime I read something you write. :)

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am SO far behind this week! Thanks for the birthday greetings! We'll be celebrating Saturday with the adults, leaving the kiddoes behind this time. DC has a plan, but I don't know what it is.

You make me smile - every time!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

It's the perfect award for you :)
I'll look forward to seeing that picture of you with your new short 'do'.
What fun to share your daughter's wonderful trip through her many photos. Traveling vicariously (especially through our children) is the next best thing to actually doing it :)
And yes, you have been missed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home