About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
FREEDOM
Just Call me Sophora secundiflora
Reflections of Him
Simply Trusting
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Jesus - My Rock
Exhaustified!!
Thankful Thursday
Perseverance

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, July 05, 2007
Thankful Thursday



My heart is filled with Thanksgiving. It is a special week - and an ordinary week. I am thankful that God is in the "every day" things as well as the big things.

I am thankful for the freedom that I enjoy. I know how blessed I am to live in this country - to be able to worship the Lord freely; to have access to the Bible (in abundance); to be able to hear the truth preached in churches and via the media any time of the day or night. I am thankful beyond words for the freedom I have in Jesus. I am free from the guilt of my sin, free from the fear of the future, free from the chains that had me spiritually bound. I am free indeed.

I am thankful for my son - whose birthday we're going to celebrate today. I am thankful for the joy that comes from spending time with family and friends. Thankful that my husband and my son are on the golf course right now (and it isn't raining!!) getting to spend time together.

I am thankful for the good report from my husband's eye exam. With only one eye (and that one not 100 percent) we always whisper a prayer of thanks when the doctor says everything looks fine.

I am thankful for laughter. Something warm stirs in my heart when my husband and I share laughter. There were days I thought there couldn't possibly ever be joy or laughter in this home again, but God.....

I am thankful for good movies. We saw "Evan Almighty" this week and enjoyed just being in a movie theater and not feeling uncomfortable about what we were watching. We also rented "Facing the Giants" and were totally blessed.

I am thankful for answered prayer and for the miraculous privilege of talking to the Living God. It takes my breath away to realize that a Holy God would incline His ear to listen to my prayer - and to answer.

There are many other thankful hearts at Iris' blog - Sting My Heart. Thank you Iris, for faithfully providing this special place.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:56 AM
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, I have missed 3 posts! All great, as usual. What a handsome young son you have - and what a cute little girl! Happy birthday to him.

I'm glad the rain has stopped for today. My brother in Oklahoma is getting pretty tired of it as well!

We had a bit on us as we waited for the fireworks to begin, but nothing to measure at all. Just cooled us all off, and actually felt pretty good.

Good thankfulnesses!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Happy birthday to your sweet son! (And a special day for his dear mother as well. :) I'm so glad they are able to play golf today. It is *pouring* here. The rest of your list blessed me so much. I always love your Thankful Thursdays.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Doesn't "Facing the Giants" totally ROCK?!? Loved it! Loved your post too...thanks for blessing us with it:-)

Happy Birthday to your boy:-)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What wonderful news on your husband's vision exam! Also so glad you have a break in your rain (we're broiling here)
Happy Birthday to your son!!
xo

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

A wonderful list and Happy birthday to your son!

I loved the movie "Facing the Giants"!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

We've been having some hit and miss showers...so far it's "miss" for us here in Bay.

Praise God for your husband's good report on his eye, and for your other blessings.

I have more blessings than I can count. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Such a lovely thankful list, bless you.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Linda,

What a great list. I am glad for the good news about your husbands vision exam. Happy Bday to your son. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama ) ():)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I always enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday posts! Great news for your hubby's eye appt!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

What a beautiful list of thankfulness. Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lyndy said...

Great list and all wonderful things to be thankful for.

Have a blessed day.

~Lyndy~

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Praise God for the good eye exam report! And "Facing the Giants" was wonderful wasn't it? I was wondering about Evan Almighty. Good to know it was enjoyable.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

What a good thankful list! Your writing is always from the heart. I appreciate your sharing.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Your thankful list truly blessed my heart. I don't know what I'd do without the faithfulness of God in my life.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy birthday to your son! I love all the things that you are thankful for.

Lori

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Happy Birthday to your son :) I pray you have a most enjoyable day with your family. Blessings to you today and all weekend!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I meant to say that we watched "FAcing the Giants" and were really impressed with the fact that a local church did all of that. I have heard good things about "Evan Almighty" - will have to rent it when it comes out. Did you ever get to see "End of the Spear" about Nate Saint and the miracles in Ecuador after the wives of the five martyrs went back there? My brother was the PR guy for that movie and the results in the theater were disappointing. But the movie was really well done.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You are right, Linda. It is wonderful to know that we have true freedom in Him. He took our sin and nailed it to the cross - how precious is that.
I am glad that your husband and son had a great time at the golf-course :). Even better that your husband had a great report from the eye-doctor.
I love to laugh - I am glad that my Sweetheart give me many opportunities to do so :)
Cool that you had fun at the movies. It is so true - there are not many good movies out there *sigh*.
Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

What a thoughtful TT list! I praise God w/ you in our freedom in Christ!!! And, praise God for your beloved's good report at his eye exam. Ahh, and laughter is the best medicine! Glad to hear that you saw good movies too. We recently watched(we had purchased it too, so I look forward to watching it again & again!) the movie, Facing the Giants too!--what an inspiring movie!! Thank you for sharing so beautifully! :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a fabulous Thankful list. I have been so busy lately and have missed so much so it is wonderful to see such Thanks and Praise and know things are going well for you.

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home