About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Just Call me Sophora secundiflora
Reflections of Him
Simply Trusting
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Jesus - My Rock
Exhaustified!!
Thankful Thursday
Perseverance
Happy Father's Day

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, July 03, 2007
FREEDOM



Freedom

Throughout history, men and women have yearned for freedom
- to worship
- to speak
- to live a life of their own choosing.

Many have sacrificed much in the cause of freedom
- home and family
- fortune
- their very lives.

We are blessed to live in freedom purchased at such great cost
- free from oppression
- free from fear of unjust imprisonment
- free from slavery.

In spite of that so many are not free at all. They are
- bound by addictions
- imprisoned by fear
- burdened by guilt and oppressed by an enemy they cannot see.

True freedom came in the form of a baby over 2000 years ago. He
- left His home in glory
- gave up the riches of heaven
- gave His life for us.

When we come, by faith, to the cross we are set free. He
- breaks the chains that bind us
- takes away all fear
- cleanses us from sin and gives us victory over the enemy.

"IF THEREFORE THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE, YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED."
JOHN 8:36

Have a blessed Fourth of July everyone!!
 
  posted at 7:30 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

As well to you and yours.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours, dear Linda! I wish I could cross the border and come help you celebrate:-) Freedom has certainly come at a price and we must never forget those who fought to give us that freedom!! xoxo

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Beautifully written Linda!! I just love this tribute :) I also wanted to be sure to thank you for your kind comments on my blog this week. You have such a beautiful gift of encouragement and you have touched my heart in a special way. I hope you enjoy the day with your family ~ Happy 4th of July!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

that was beautiful! Happy 4th!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Happy Fourth to y'all, too! (I figured I could add the "y'all" since you're a fellow Texan. ;)

I loved this post, Linda.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

beautiful! Happy 4th Linda!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You know - for some reason that has whirred in my head as well - that true freedom only comes from the cross.
Thank you so much for sharing it, Linda.

Blessings to you and yours this 4th of July. May our Lord and Savior continue to give you His freedom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home