Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Throughout history, men and women have yearned for freedom
- to worship
- to speak
- to live a life of their own choosing.
Many have sacrificed much in the cause of freedom
- home and family
- their very lives.
We are blessed to live in freedom purchased at such great cost
- free from oppression
- free from fear of unjust imprisonment
- free from slavery.
In spite of that so many are not free at all. They are
- bound by addictions
- imprisoned by fear
- burdened by guilt and oppressed by an enemy they cannot see.
True freedom came in the form of a baby over 2000 years ago. He
- left His home in glory
- gave up the riches of heaven
- gave His life for us.
When we come, by faith, to the cross we are set free. He
- breaks the chains that bind us
- takes away all fear
- cleanses us from sin and gives us victory over the enemy.
"IF THEREFORE THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE, YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED."
Have a blessed Fourth of July everyone!!