About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Getting Out the Wrinkles
Pride Goeth Before.....well you know
Thankful Thursday
FREEDOM
Just Call me Sophora secundiflora
Reflections of Him
Simply Trusting
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Jesus - My Rock

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, July 09, 2007
In Other Words



The quote Iris has chosen this week is from C. S. Lewis:

“Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing yet had been done.”

The Lord has taken me on a difficult journey in recent years. He has asked me to walk without knowing where I am going, to take one day at a time and not worry about tomorrow, to stop looking anxiously around and look to Him for help. In return He has promised to hold me tightly with His strong right hand, to be with me every second of every day, and to take me to a place of blessing.

I find that I cannot do this at one moment in time and have it last for as long as I live. I have to do it daily. Sometimes I have to do it moment by moment. There are times when my faith turns to fear and doubt, times when I want answers to my “whys”, times when it feels like God isn’t really there at all. That is when I have to begin all over again.

There was a day, many years ago, when I was facing circumstances that seemed overwhelming. I cried out to God over and over again for help and for an explanation as to why nothing seemed to be changing. I clearly “heard” Him whisper to my heart, “Do you love Me enough to trust Me?”

That is the journey – the journey of trust. Do I love Him enough to trust Him? The answer has to be yes, because apart from Him there is no hope. With Him there is everything – life, hope, joy, blessing, peace, comfort, a future. He gives me grace and strength for every day, but I must come to Him daily to receive it.

Each new day comes with its unique circumstances. I have the choice of trying to live it in my own strength and wisdom or relying on God. I cannot know what the day will bring, but I can know that when I give it to Him He will give me the grace and strength I need for that day.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5,6

Blessings,


 
  posted at 10:14 PM
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At 11:40 PM, Blogger someone else said...

The journey of trust is always an adventure. While each day is a new one, I do believe that the confidence gained from the previous days' journey will enable the trust to gain in strength as we go. It's definitely something that can be built upon.

This was a lovely post, Linda.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Really enjoyed your post, bless you.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

What a struggle life is and what an assurance to know we can trust on him to get us through daily.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger JHS said...

What a great post, Linda! And you finished it off with one my favorite verses. Beautiful.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

Lovely post Linda! Thank you for sharing.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Amen. Do I trust Him? I have to ask God to give me that trust. Blessings on your journey.
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, Linda - what a beautiful reflection on this week's quote. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
"I cannot know what the day will bring, but I can know that when I give it to Him He will give me the grace and strength I need for that day."
I will remember this today :)

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Amen! So very true. I wish we could sit down an talk!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Proverbs 3:5-6 has been my life verse and what I always seem to remind myself of when I am struggling.

It has been a busy summer around here, but I am still reading. :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Changed by His Love said...

I love how you said that the answer has to be yes when wondering if you love Him enough to trust Him. Amen!
Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Your posts are always uplifting and thought provoking!
xoxo

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger The Open Range Camping Family said...

Oh, I agree with you. It is all about trust. We can't rely on Him one moment for our whole life - and He does take us on moment by moment journey. Those are usually the hardest too.

Your post was beautiful.

Thank you for the sweet comments you left on mine! I'm looking forward to getting to know you too!

Have a blessed day!!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Linds said...

We are all in this daily tussle to remember to surrender, aren't we? Trust makes us vulnerable, but He never lets us down.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Linda, this post really touched my hearts. And I so know about feeling like you have to keep trusting Him moment by moment nevermind day by day or as long as you live.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Tara Sloan said...

For some reason your post brought the words to one of my Granny's favorite songs to mind, "One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus."
Thought you'd like to read them:

I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

Chorus:
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.

Do you remember, when you walked among men?
Well Jesus you know if you're looking below
It's worse now, than then.
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I think one of the hardest things to learn is to TRUST, especially if we've been let down before. But yes, we must TRUST the lord and give it to him fully and without hesitation. xox

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Walking without knowing is the hardest thing to do.....but He gives us grace....and strength....
Your post truly blessed me tonight...I needed it really bad. God knew just where to send me!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Myrna said...

Wonderful post--as always!

I appreciated the Proverbs scripture. If I had to lean on my "own understanding" I would be in real trouble. There is so much about life that I don't understand. How comforting to know that He is in control of it so I don't have to be!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

"The Journey of Trust" - great title, great post.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

I am beginning to believe the the "journey of trust" is one that I will constantly battle. Thank you for the post...and reminder. It is a moment by moment choice. I pray that one day trusting God will become automatic, until then I just keep asking for His help...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home