About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
A Little Bloggy Break
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
MEMORIAL DAY
Thankful Thursday
The Fawn
Celebrating Me - Woman to Woman
Feeling Rich (and Blessed)
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, June 07, 2007
Thankful Thursday



I have been looking forward to writing this post for a few days. There is always so much to be grateful for, but I have two very special things I want to thank and praise the Lord for this week.

1. We attended church with our son and his family this past sunday. Before the Pastor spoke, one of the men had a word from the Lord. It was about waiting. He said he had been reading in the Psalms, and the Lord spoke to his heart about a particular passage. He said there are some who have been praying about something for a very long time and have become discouraged because God has been silent. He said the Lord showed him that we are not to be disheartened because we haven't had an answer yet. God just has us in His "waiting room" right now. It isn't that He hasn't heard or doesn't care. He is working something in us during this time. We should not give up hope that our prayers will be answered.

It was as if the Lord Himself spoke that right into my heart. Just recently I was asking Him if I should stop praying for the miracle I've been desperately praying for for years now. I wondered if He just wanted me to accept the circumstances and stop asking for deliverance. I believe I need to continue to pray and to keep my heart open and teachable to things He wants me to learn during this time of waiting.

Psalm 130:1-6 "Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice! Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If Thou, Lord shouldst mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait, and in His word do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning."

2. I left out one thing that happened on our visit to our kids this weekend. The weather was beautiful (hot - but beautiful) all weekend. It continued that way on our drive home until we were about an hour or so from our house. We noticed the sky was getting very dark to the north of us. Then lightening began to flash through the dark clouds. Darkness had fallen by the time we reached the town that is about a thirty minute drive from our home. We were sitting at a traffic light when suddenly the wind began to blow at an unbelievable rate of speed. It was as though someone had flipped a giant switch. It went from completely calm to winds of probably about seventy miles an hour. The air was filled with dust and debris; the traffic light was blown horizontal; it felt as though the car was going to be lifted right off the road. I was truly frightened. I thought it might be a tornado. My brave husband continued the drive home. It began to rain, and he had to be careful of road signs being blown over into the lane of traffic. I sat with my fists clenched and prayed the whole way home. It was an exciting ride.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief and a prayer of thanks as we pulled into our driveway. I told my husband he'd done a great job of driving and he just said, "The Lord got us home." And so He did.

We pray daily for protection for our loved ones and for us too. I'm sure there are things the Lord protects us from that we are totally unaware of. That night I knew His hand of protection was on us. I am so thankful for His faithful care.

Psalm 91:1-2,4,11 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!' He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways."

I thank Him for His great love and His faithfulness. He truly is all He has promised to be. For more Thankful Thursday posts visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:01 AM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 1:46 PM, Blogger jennyr said...

thank God it wasn't a tornado...where are u at? do u often get a tornado there? over here in ohio we do but not at our town...it's scary to see how damaging a tornado can be!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Praise God that you are ok, bless you.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Another great Thankful Thursday. I need to start doing this one!

I am also thankful you are okay. And that God spoke to you through your kids' church service - the "waiting room" - I like that concept. It certainly seems applicable!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Very cool...love how God does stuff like that for His kids!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

wow...Thank God that you all got home alright

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Don't you just love when God very clearly speaks to you in a word at church? It speaks so personally to me that God really cares.

Oh my goodness that would have been very scarey driving home in that. Thankful you guys made it home without incident.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger someone else said...

There are so many times when I'm reminded that God is always in control. What a rich post, Linda.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Serving Him said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Keep on lifting your request up to God. I too, have a "huge" request that I have been bringing to God for a while and I was encouraged by what you shared today. Thank you. Sincerely, Serving Him

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

How wonderful that you gave such affirming words to your husband regarding his driving! That is awesome!!

And the verses from Ps. 91... some of my all time personal fav's.!

Truly so much to be thankful for. We serve an amazing God!!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You know, Linda, I have been praying for something for years too, but have given up. I think I need to pick it up again. Thank you for the reminder that God has us in His "waiting room" for a reason.
I am glad that the Lord protected you on the very exciting ride home. I have prayed those prayers in distress myself -- a lot, especially when I have to board a plane...
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I am so glad that you did not get hurt in that tornado thingy. And I loved the photos of your family, Linda. Thanks too, for you lovely gentle words to me. I am blessed to have you as a friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home