About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Oswald Chambers on Prayer
The Blessing of a New Look
Life Without the Son
40th Wedding Anniversary
An Afternoon Chat
A Fun Book Meme And A Question About "24"
Blessed Be Your Name
PRAYER
The Answer - For Now - Is No
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, January 21, 2007
Sunday Afternoon

For all of you Charlotte Bronte fans: Masterpiece Theater is presenting "Jane Eyre" starting tonight (there are several episodes). I am so excited. I have seen a couple of different productions of "Jane Eyre", but according to our Sunday paper this one is supposed to be the best so far. I just love the book; I've read it three or four times. There is so much to admire in the character of Jane. I just hope they allow her Christian testimony come through. I won't watch it tonight. In case you don't live with a football fan - the playoffs begin today. The late game doesn't even start until five o'clock. I'll tape it and watch it at my leisure. I would tape it in any case. If it's good, I'll want to watch it again and again. I've watched the Jane Austen movies so often I pretty well have the dialogue memorized.

It is a beautiful sunny, warm day here today. It is so good to see the sunshine again after days of gloomy, rainy weather. We never complain about rain here because we don't get much and need every bit we can get (unless of course we have floods - which is the other extreme - drought or flood some years), but when the skies are gray for days on end it can get a bit depressing. We went for our walk this morning dressed as though it was still bitter cold. We had to shed the jackets after walking about ten minutes. The sun is delightfully warm. All the little birds are singing - happy that all that ice is gone. It's a beautiful day.

Hope the sun is shining where you are-
Linda
 
  posted at 2:09 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 3:09 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I love Masterpiece Theatre and we're planning to watch this.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're having a sunny nice day too. Haven't taken a walk yet, but have had a fairly productive day so far.
((hugs))

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I remember watching Jane Eyre for the first time years and years ago and I so loved it. Would love to see the other remakes!! It was softly snowing all day here, big fat snowflakes so it was quite pretty:-) Just happy that it finally feels and looks like January! Hugs xoxo

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad the weather is looking up for you. We had no rain today, but we are soaked. It is still cold, but at least the ice is pretty much melted.

I'm worried about my Colts. They've got to kick it in gear. I CANNOT wait until racing season!

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to say what I'm having. I struggle with wanting to tell everything, then regretting it. It's hard to know what to do. That's why I haven't said my due date. I am just thankful everything is okay.

Hope you have a great Sunday evening!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

A nice walk on sunny day in God's world... that is a blessing indeed!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I wish I'd read this earlier, so I could have taped it. I need to re-read Jane Eyre - haven't read it in years and years. I loved it, and am sure I would again.

It snowed again today - birds are hiding! We complain about drought and now we complain about snow - aren't we just so ungrateful?! We could use a bit less cold with the snow, though. The ice is really tiresome.

Really love your new look.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I didn't know about this and guess I missed the first episode! But thanks for letting us know- I'll try and catch the next episode! :)

We get so many dreary dark days in the winter here, too...when the sun comes out it seems to lift everyone's mood!

Have a great week!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I loev Masterpiece Theatre but our PBS channel is all fuzzy so no watchin for me. ut once it is out on DVD that is it, I am so watching it.

Glad you had a beautiful day. Ours is full of snow and fog. Go figure.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, your blog is beautiful!!! I love the new look!

Yes, it is sunny here, but for all the good it does. It's like maybe 2 degrees.

I have never read Jane Eyre. I suppose I should expand my reading from Danielle Steel and Dean Koontz, eh?

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Jane Eyre. I don't get this station thought but I do own a version of it that I love. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home