About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Blessed Be Your Name
PRAYER
The Answer - For Now - Is No
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime
My New Year's Goal
New Mercies
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS
Not So Final Word
A Christmas Poem

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, January 09, 2007
A Fun Book Meme And A Question About "24"
I just recently discovered Cyndi's blog. I feel so blessed that I did. Her writing always inspires me and causes me to think. She has tagged me for a book meme (I feel so special when someone tags me - thanks Cyndi.).

Here are the directions:
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2 .Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3. Post the text of the following three sentences on your blog.
4. Name the author and book title.
5. Tag three people to do the same.

I have my current book right here by the computer (I read while I wait for my very slooow dailup to take me from blog to blog.). It is "Messenger of Truth" by Jacqueline Winspear.

The fourth, fifth and sixth sentences on page 123 are:
"Maisie debated the most appropriate time to arrive for the party, which, according to the invitation, started at seven, with a light supper to be served at nine. She didn't want to be the first to arrive, but neither did she want to enter late and miss someone with whom it would behoove her to engage in conversation.
It was not possible to travel at more than a crawl along the Embankment, so dense was the ochre smog that enveloped busess, horses and carts and pedestrians alike - not that there were many of the latter out on a murky Sunday night."

It's a mystery set in England just after WWI. My kind of book!!

I don't know who to tag because I think everyone has already done this. However, if you haven't and would like to - consider yourself tagged. Let me know if you do it. I love to read about new books.

On a totally different subject: Is it possible to begin watching this season of "24" without ever having watched it before? I know; I know. We must be the only ones in the free world who haven't watched it. Please forgive us - we're trying to correct that grave error. We watched one episode last season, and my husband didn't like it. He is such a realist; he has a hard time getting into these kinds of shows. But I am beginning to feel as though I am missing out on something terribly important. So....can I start now - or will I be totally lost? Just thought I'd confess my terrible omisssion and try to get with the program.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 8:11 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 10:10 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Well, I don't know if it's possible to suddenly watch "24" or not. I've only seen one episode in all this time, so you're not the only person who hasn't watched it regularly.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This book sounds interesting. I'll have to add it to my list.

I have never watched 24. I have other shows I watch. I know everyone talks about this one, but I just can't find the room for it and the coming attractions don't do a thing for me.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did do this meme some months ago. I think it's a great way to learn about some new books and I love your idea about reading while your dial up loads!
We don't watch 24 either. We do watch Larry King Live and he had the whole cast on. It really didn't inspire me in any way and we turned it off. I do know it's a popular show though...
hugs!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

My Hubby and I watched the first two seasons of "24". Extremely fast paced, incredibly well written, and far too intense for me. I couldn't handle it any more. Friends of mine agreed it is fantastic just a bit stressful! lol You could probably purchase the first two seasons at Barnes and Nobel.

You book here sounds great! I might just look that one up too! :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

My Hubby and I watched the first two seasons of "24". Extremely fast paced, incredibly well written, and far too intense for me. I couldn't handle it any more. Friends of mine agreed it is fantastic just a bit stressful! lol You could probably purchase the first two seasons at Barnes and Nobel.

You book here sounds great! I might just look that one up too! :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh..I've never watched 24 either. Or Grey's Anatomy...Or Desperate Housewives. I'm a reality show junkie....oh and I also like the Law and Order shows.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it helps, they should be having a "24" marathon before the new season starts THIS MONTH THIS MONTH THIS MONTH!!! (Did I mention its' BAAAAAACK).

Otherwise, the CHinese have Jack because they thought he was dead nad would have killed him for very bad things they think he did (well he did, but you know) but he's not dead and now they have him.

That should catch you up. He's on a slow painful baot to China- literally.

That's where we pick up. Grab your DVR or video and tape the marathon. Last season rocked.

- A humble 24 maniacal fan

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each season of 24 is a different "disaster" :) so you can jump right in. You may not know who everyone is and not get some of the background stuff when they elude to something that happened before, but you'll get sucked in (uh, I mean, caught up) in no time.

My hubby loves 24. I watch it with him.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to read, don't watch 24. Sorry. Don't watch much of anything on TV, actually.

Have a good day, Linda. :-)

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've never watched "24" so you're not the only one! lol I've heard about it but have never had any interest to watch it. Actually I don't really have the tv on at all anymore and don't even know what the new shows are this season!! Too busy blogging, no time for tv! hehe

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I just did that book meme too :)

Sorry I don't watch 24 so can't help you there!

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did this "open your book" meme way back when I was still reading the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. When I typed the name Hadassah into my post, it brought a lot of response. The books are so moving, just the mention of her name brought it all back to a lot of people.

I tell you, I tried to watch 24 from the beginning. Rob has the first four seasons on DVD. But this is one of those shows that I find impossible to follow. Maybe it just all moves to fast for me.

I'm a lot better with American Idol! :-)

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only into American Idol, House(when I can find time) and Lost. We are the only ones on the planet I believe that doesn't have dvr or tivo or whatever it's called. What is funny is that my husband is the music/MEDIA pastor at our high tech church and we have nothing high tech whatsoever.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't read much fiction, but that book quote (along with the setting) is intriguing! Also, I think that's a wise way to spend your time while your dial-up loads. :)

We have season 1 of "24" on dvd, but we've never watched it. Not sure if we'll watch this season, since we never have. I'm really bad about getting "sucked" into shows, so I've held it at arms' length for 5 seasons now... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home