About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Answer - For Now - Is No
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime
My New Year's Goal
New Mercies
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS
Not So Final Word
A Christmas Poem
A "Weird Meme"
Unto Us A Son Is Given

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, January 06, 2007
PRAYER

I have been so focused on prayer the past few days. I decided to do a search and find some quotes on prayer. I thought I would share a few:

"Prayer lays hold of God's plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth. Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit's prayer."
E.isabeth Elliot

"Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused."
Spurgeon

"Nothing tends more to cement the hearts of Christians than praying together. Never do they love one another so well as when they witness the outpouring of each other's hearts in prayer."
Charles Finney

"Prayer at its highest is a two-way conversation and for me the most important part is listening to God's replies."
Frank C. Laubach

"Prayer is not only asking, but an attitude of mind which produces the atmosphere in which asking is perfectly natural."
Oswald Chambers

" The greatest thing anyone can do for God and man is pray. It is not the only thing;but it is the chief thing. The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor yet those who can explain about prayer; but I mean those people who take time to pray."
S. D. Gordon

"God's way of answering the Christian's prayer for more patience, experience, hope, and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction."
Richard Cecil

"If the heart wanders or is distracted, bring it back to the point quite gently and replace it tenderly in its Master's presense. And even if you did nothing during the whole of your hour but bring your heart back and place it again in our Lord's presence, though it went away every time you brought it back, your hour will be very well employed."
St. Francis de Sales

"To have God speak to the heart is a majestic experience, an experience that people may miss if they monopolize the conversation and never pause to hear God's responses."
Charles Stanley

"God's voice is still and quiet and easily buried under an avalanche of clamour."
Charles Stanley

"Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees."
Corrie ten Boom

"The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our widom, but trembles when we pray."
Samuel Chadwick.

I hope those bless you as they do me. Before I tuck things away for the day, there is a special prayer request I think we all need to know about. Kelli is very much in need of our prayers. Please visit her and let her know you are praying for her.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 1:17 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. I think this post you wrote ties into it. Tonight I will pray for Nate and his family and I will listen for God's instruction. The listening I sometimes find hard since I am one of those people who thinks I know best at times.

I will now go to Kelli's blog an read about her need.

PS your son sounds awesome and is just the man I want mine to become. I would be so proud too. I read your posts about your family and they all sound like awesome people. I'm glad I am getting to know you.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so loved reading all those prayers and will save them so that I can learn to remember them. I went over to Kelli's blog and left her a comment...my heart goes out to her and her family, it's not a very easy for time is it. Much love xoxo

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused."

Amen.

Thank you for the support, L. Your prayers are coveted and your place in this touches me. Deeply. You need to know that fully.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great Linda. Thanks for taking the time to look them up and share with us. I love all of them!

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog has encouraged me to work on my prayer time, thank you. I will visit Kelli's blog. We tried to sell some property a few years back, I just knew it would sell, it didn't, it took several years but when it finally sold we received 5 times what we had paid for it. God knows!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all these wonderful prayers Linda. I was just looking through my Grandma's bible and found a few of her favorite verses which I've been reading through.
I'll go see Kelli now
hugs!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, my heart goes out to you and please know you are in my prayers and I so admire your willingness to stay positive and take the high road. By recognizing all of your blessings you will be lifted higher!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

such wonderful quotes you've found!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

recently I heard it said that if you approach prayer as a duty/chore, it will be just that. but if you approach it as a priveledge, it is just that as well.

Thank you for your post.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these, of course I am partial to Corrie ten Boom =) I did just purchase a "Prayer book" that has many different quotes.

Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home