About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
My New Year's Goal
New Mercies
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS
Not So Final Word
A Christmas Poem
A "Weird Meme"
Unto Us A Son Is Given
I Want to be a Who
Catching Up

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, January 04, 2007
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime
It is very late (for me very late is any time past ten o'clock these days - am I getting old or what?), but I just wanted to chat for a few minutes.

Tomorrow is the "big day". We should know whether our prospective buyers are going to sign the contract or not. We have done everything we know to do. Our agent has presented our findings about the "water issue" and other things they had questions about. I think of that verse in the Bible that says when you have done everything you can do - then stand back and watch the Lord work. Well - that's where we are. Thank you for all your prayers. I have felt so uplifted knowing you are praying for us. I'm trusting God to do what is best for us.

When I think about praying for BIG things, I am reminded of the daily miracles the Lord works on my behalf and the answers to prayer. I pray daily for my family's safety and protection. They drive countless miles every day for work or errands - and every day they have remained safe. I cannot know the number of times He has stepped between them and possible danger. He is so faithful.

My younger son lives in an area that floods when we get one of those storms that dumps several inches of rain in a very short amount of time. They keep promising they are going to start the work to correct the drainage problem - but they are very slow about keeping that promise. Every time we get a bad storm I begin to pray for them (they were flooded once when they first bought the house). And every time God has kept them safe. The water came very close once, but it didn't get into the house.

Every member of our immediate family (except the 4 year old and the 2 year old) have asked Jesus into their hearts. What an amazing answer to prayer.

They all have good homes and good jobs - we have never gone hungry. In fact, we all have more than we need.

God is so faithful, and He is so good. How can I do less than trust Him completely?

Blessings,
Linda

P.S. On a totally different note - is anyone else having trouble leaving comments on blogs that have typepad? My little microsoft flag just waves and waves and my comments never get posted. It may be because I have dialup - and it is just being impossibly slow. Just wondering...
 
  posted at 10:13 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
Just stopping by after a very long day. Wanted you to know you are in my prayers. Please let us know as soon as you know about the house..
hugs!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I'm hoping things go smoothly with the house. You're soooo right -- God is faithful to the end.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying everything goes well and the prospective buyers sign. Keep us posted.

I'm glad you have so much to be thankful for, me too. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Praying that you get some good news today about the prospective buyers!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Good thoughts today, as usual. God's blessings to you as you await what He has in store for you.

Could be the dial-up!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out.
When things get me down, I have to do the same thing you just did....count my blessings.

God bless.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have dial up and leaving comments can be a test but I just keep redoing it till it takes. Yes God is faithful and will do what is best for you. Can't wait to hear the praise report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home