About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Life Without the Son
40th Wedding Anniversary
An Afternoon Chat
A Fun Book Meme And A Question About "24"
Blessed Be Your Name
PRAYER
The Answer - For Now - Is No
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime
My New Year's Goal
New Mercies

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, January 19, 2007
The Blessing of a New Look
I have a new look. Susie, wonderfully talented, creative, Susie at Bluebird Blogs designed this beautiful new blog for me. I am delighted with it. She did such a wonderful job. It suits me perfectly.

I was thinking this morning about how blessed I am to be able to do something like this. It is totally unnecessaary. It is just something I wanted - something that was a "wish". There are so many who have such great needs. In fact, we have great needs - physical needs. Yet the Lord has blessed me with something that is simply a special gift from His heart to mine.

Each time I look at the lovely design Susie created, I think of the heart of God that delights to give us lovely surprises. Surely I could have gotten along with the old design I had. It was perfectly fine. Yet He did this for me.

He does it so often. Blessing upon blessing; things I don't deserve. I look around my home and realize how very much He cares for me. I think about the "inner blessings" - the peace, the joy, the hope - and thank Him for the priceless treasure He has placed within my heart. I look at my family - my parents who we are so blessed to have in our lives, in their eighties and still doing so well; my children and my grandchildren - the love and unity we have as a family who know and love the Lord. The blessing I have received blogging - the precious people He has placed in my life and in my heart - the friendship, the sharing, the prayers, the encouragement, the laughter; giving me an outlet for my desire to write and adding so much more. I am so blessed.

Thank You Lord for loving me so much You even bless me with the little things that I desire to have. Thank You for my beautfiul new design. You are such a loving, caring Father.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 10:56 AM
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At 12:39 PM, Blogger someone else said...

There are certainly many blessings in your life. Isn't God wonderful?

And I'll say it again, the new design is soooo sweet.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda I love it! :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

I love your new look. I'm glad to know it's new because when I clicked over, my first thought was "wow, how long since I've been here?" Nice to know I'm not that far behind!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful new look. I absolutely love it. Very warm and welcoming.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your new look, I hope to change mine after I have been doing this for awhile. Yes, you are so blessed to have all of your family christians, I am still standing on the word in faith for some of mine, and to have your parents, double blessings. God is GOOD!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, this is a beautiful new look! I haven't been visiting too much the last couple of days. I love the embroidery - I used to do that by the many hours. It was my creative outlet and really relaxed me. Then my eyes and my hands couldn't take it any longer - sad!

I loved yesterday's post - that was some great insight you got from looking at the frosty grass and trees. What a weird bunch of weather you're getting down there!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Linda, it is beautiful!!! I love it! It is so YOU also and I can just imagine how excited you were when you saw it for the first time:-) You deserve this my friend!!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda... it is so YOU! I love it! And to liken it to how God blesses our lives is so perfect. Also very... YOU.

Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful post! And I love this new look...it's something that I might have chosen for myself! :)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh, Linda...what pretty new 'decor' you have!
Susie did a wonderful job.

Is the needlpoint one of your creations?

And yes, it is truly a blessing to have a pretty blog. Every time I look at mine I just think, "Wow. Thanks, Jesus!" HE is so good to us.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
I almost thought I had come to a new site! It looks so warm and inviting!
Susie did a wonderful job for you..
xoxo

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post to introduce your beautiful new look.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Linda! So warm and welcoming! :-)

And you are so right about all the ways God blesses us, and we're so undeserving. I know I don't thank Him enough for all my blessings.

Stay warm and have a great weekend!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love your new look! It's wonderful!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love Love it!! Love love love Susie and LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every good thing comes from Him. I am happy for you. You deserve it.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh yes. That is it exactly.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, I love your new look! Very soft and pretty. Susie did a wonderful job and I am so happy for you, you are so blessed! :)

I am thankful for each and everyday that he has so thoughtfully blessed our lives! :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

It's so absolutely beautiful!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It is beautiful. I'm just out visiting blogs new to me. When your page loaded, my reaction was "woah! this is some kind of gorgeous!!"

i'll be back to read more ;)

pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home