About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Few Thoughts Before Bedtime
My New Year's Goal
New Mercies
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS
Not So Final Word
A Christmas Poem
A "Weird Meme"
Unto Us A Son Is Given
I Want to be a Who

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, January 05, 2007
The Answer - For Now - Is No
I got a call from our Real Estate Agent a little while ago. The people who were going to buy our property have decided they don't want to buy after all. They say it has gotten too complicated for them, and they just don't think they want to go ahead right now.

So...we are right back where we started - except I have most of our things in cardboard boxes. My husband is, at this moment, meeting with our builder to pick a site for the new house on our property. I'll have to give him the disappointing news when he gets home.

Thank you all so very much for praying for us. I can't tell you how it lifts my spirit to see all of your comments and know that you are lifting us in prayer. We are so blessed. We really are. We have everything we need. God has been so faithful to us. This was just a dream. I wanted it more for my husband than for myself. He has had a very difficult two years - one blow after another. He is an inspiration to me. He has not wavered in his faith for a moment. His strength and faith are such an encouragement to me. He is my hero.

Of course, we will continue to try to sell. I believe that God has a better plan for us. We will get through the disappointment today and look to see where He will take us. I have learned (and it hasn't been an easy lesson for me - I am sometimes very stubborn and rebellious) there is very little I have control over. I simply must trust Him. The alternative is bitterness and anger and distance from the One who is the answer to everything I will ever need.

Thank you with all my heart for your prayers and words of encouragement. You are fast becoming like sisters to me - sisters of the heart.

With love and gratitude,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:13 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Aww, Linda so sorry to hear it wasn't meant to be ~ this time. I know you must must feel like the rug was pulled out from under you but please remember that even though this door has shut, soon...God will open a window.

While patience has never been one of my best virtues, this just gives us a little taste of what it will feel like and that it will happen!

Awe, while my heart is heavy, I have never been one to stomp my feet or throw a fit either and wallowing in it will do no good! I am glad you are keeping your chin up and I will pray that this just means God has something better in store for you! ((hugs of encouragement))

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking when I get a moment or two to see if you updated. I do believe that all prayers were heard,
we just must know that He knows best.
I love your "sisters of the heart" description of us. Very touching and such a compliment..
xoxox

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda I am sorry. You have such a positive attitude in the post, but is there tears as you wrote? I can imagine.... ((((hugs))) It is just plain frustrating I know, but He is in the middle of it all. And He will bless you. Let me share a quote that has become my quote for the year:

"Often the desires of your heart are the desires of His heart, but they still must be achieved His way, not yours, and you must know that it is He who is accomplishing them in you, not you achieving them yourself. God wants us to stop holding on to our dreams and start holding on to Him so that He can enable us to soar above ourselves and our own limitations. Whenever we let go of what we long for, God will bring it back to us in another dimension." (p. 125-126). "Praying God's Will For Your Life A Prayerful Walk To Spiritual Well Being" By Stormie O'Martin

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this!! Sometimes it just doesn't make sense why things happen the way they do. But, we can know God is not pacing in Heaven due to this news. He sees the bigger picture and has a grand master plan. God is who He says He is. God can do what He says He can do.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for you misfortune on the property. I'll pray another buyer comes alone quickly.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Okay, where should I fly in?? It would be good for both of us, wouldn't it? Won't it be great to see our lives from His view someday and we'll understand all of the things we can't understand in our humanity.

I love that quote from Stormie O'Martin! I need to get that book.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh Linda, this is just a bump in the road and the best is yet to come... my prayers continue.
(((((Linda)))))

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news - I know it wasn't what you were hoping and praying for. I guess this just means God has other plans right now - and I pray you'll get the answer soon!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

They say there's a reason for everything so if your house wasn't sold this time then it wasn't meant to be...not just yet! I know how disappointed you both must be, though, so my heart really goes out to you! Just know that we're all here for you and my thoughts and prayers are added with the others!! Much love xoxo

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, sorry to hear this. It is disappointing when we think things are all figured out. I know how stressful house buying/selling/building can be.

Just know the Lord has something in store for you! something better evidently! :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. Hope you and your husband are alright. Praying for you.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda. I'm so sorry! Your post reveals your heart- a heart that is still trusting God Who you know loves you and will work things according to His timing. Your post also reveals what a loving wife you are. Your family is so blessed.

I remember in a Beth Moore study a few years ago, she said that when God says "No" it's because there's a bigger "Yes" coming. And when He says "No" to something visible, it's because He's saying "Yes" to the inner work (inside of us... conforming us to His image.) This has helped me so much as I have faced disappointments and wondered..."Why??"

I'm still praying. You inspire me.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, I know you are getting frustrated. We are believing with you that God will work through things for you. For each of us.
Hugs!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Wow. How frustrated you must be but as veryone ele has already said, He has a bigger plan and something better coming along. He is faithful.
Praying that He gives ou peace in the midst of waiting, and grows you in patience and peace. He knows what He is up to which is probably best. ;p

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just the worst thing about getting so behind in reading posts. Here you are going through something like this and I haven't had a chance to come over here until now.

I'm so sorry, Linda. I know how much you had to dread telling your husband.

But I also know the power of prayer, especially in the last few days, and people are praying for this to happen for you and him. And we won't stop until it does.

Tell yourself what I tell myself all the time - there's a reason for this and we'll probably be thankful things happened the way they did when we know what God had in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home