About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thank You For Being You
Sunday Afternoon
Oswald Chambers on Prayer
The Blessing of a New Look
Life Without the Son
40th Wedding Anniversary
An Afternoon Chat
A Fun Book Meme And A Question About "24"
Blessed Be Your Name
PRAYER

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, January 25, 2007
Reveal
One of the music ministers in our church is a young woman named Amanda. She is an extraordinary pianist, singer and song writer. She has written some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

The desire of my heart these days has been to go deeper in prayer - to draw closer to the Lord. This song Amanda wrote has been going through my mind for days. It expresses what I am feeling so well:


Reveal

We have been singing You praises.
We have been calling Your name.
We have been anxiously waiting
for You to break through and show us Your face.
Why do we just he touch the surface
of Your power and infinite love?
I don't want the hem of Your garment.
All of You will be enough.

I know that You tore the curtain.
I can come boldly to You.
But sometimes I can't see the doorway,
and I am helpless to find my way through.
Even when I'm cleansed, forgiven,
You still seem just out of my reach.
You want my longing to deepen;
So you move the doorway I seek.

chorus:
I want to feel the essence of Your presence all around me.
I want to feel Your breath as You speak secret things to me.
I want to feel Your might arms as You reach out to hold me.
Be the God that I can touch and see.
Father please reveal Yourself to me.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:01 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful song. Amanda is a very talented songwriter.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

That is indeed a very beautiful song! The words touch the soul. Hugs xox

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'd love to hear this song. If the melody is as wonderful as the words, it must be something else.

I read your previous post. What a nice tribute to your dad. He's only five years older than my dad and like you, I'm so thankful my dad is healthy and doing so well. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man. Happy Birthday to him.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you came by to check on me, I don't know how I missed you for so many days. I'm sure your father had a great birthday since you could all be together. What a blessing that is. I agree with Barb, if the music to that song is as good as the words what a wonderful worship song.What a gift from God.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special talent to be able to write music and express your gift to others!
:)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful words - I wish I could hear the music!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is simply beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing it. I can just imagine the beautiful music that matches the words!

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend is truly gifted, Linda. How beautiful the words are!

Happy late birthday to your Dad. Demon Blogger and my doing some blogkeeping and maintenance on my blog have combined to keep me from commenting much the last several days.

Now to see if Blogger will let me publish this...

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

WOW!! What a talented songwriter she is. I'm very impressed! Your church sure is blessed to have her!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful song. She must be a very talented young lady. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

The words to her song are lovely. Such a gift to be blessed with. :)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

That is beautiful.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Amanda is one gifted gal! I can only imagine what the music sounds like with the lyrics!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The music IS beautiful. I have sang this song before in a small group and have been looking for its origin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home