About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS
Not So Final Word
A Christmas Poem
A "Weird Meme"
Unto Us A Son Is Given
I Want to be a Who
Catching Up
Christmas Memories
Wisdom from Ruth Bell Graham

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, January 01, 2007
New Mercies
It is the beginning of another new year. I am so thankful for new beginnings. It is wonderful to have a new year, unmarked by failure or tragedy or sickness or any of a number of difficult things, stretching out bright and clean and new before me. Like everyone else, I want to make this year better. I want so much to do everything right. I want to face whatever God allows in my life with grace and faith. I want to grow and change and be all He created me to be.

It doesn't take long, however, for the first marks to appear in my pristene new year. I seem to stumble so easily and so often. Then discouragement sets in, and before I know it I've given up. I have a tendency to be harder on myself than anyone else. I can wallow in regret - revisiting old sins and failures again and again. It isn't a very good method for growth and change.

However, I am learning to grab ahold of the mercy God extends to me - allowing me to make a fresh beginning each and every time I stumble. I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning. He knows me; He knows my frame - how weak I truly am. And He is there to offer healing and forgiveness and strength and grace. It is only as I let Him wash away the marks of my past mistakes that I can grow and become new.

I am looking foward to the new year - to taking it one day at a time. I will accept the love and mercy and forgiveness He so tenderly offers and give Him my life and my heart to do with as He will. I know He loves me - and I trust Him with all that is most precious to me. He has promised He will never leave me or forsake me. He has said He has a good plan for me and for those I love so dearly. Thank You, Father, for mercy that makes everything new.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 12:28 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda this is beautifully written. One day at a time, and sometimes one step at a time is the best way forward.

Happy New Year!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Linda. I was encouraged by your words as I always am. Have a blessed New Year.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and amen, Linda.

"I am learning to grab ahold of the mercy God extends to me - allowing me to make a fresh beginning each and every time I stumble."

Oh, how this has become a resounding theme in my life the past few years. I love the way you worded the above. It's fleshing out the gospel, over and over. And it's in that way that as our days and years do get marked up and we stumble, we can remain pristene because we are covered by the blood of His Son. Thank you for the reminder of His glorious grace!

Have a wonderful day, and a blessed New Year.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger someone else said...

These were such good words of encouragement to all of us. Thank you.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Beautiful! So grateful for the promises contained here! Truly something to grasp and cling to!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely post to read today! Thank you. Have a wonderful blessed New Year.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that's such a great outlook you have - looking forward to the new year and taking things one day at a time! Much blessing to you in 07!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Amen, well said, and have a Happy New Year.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Linda! I'm so glad our paths crossed in this big wide world of blogging and I so look forward to future posts and comments:-) Much love xoxo

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, I feel so much the same. We need to leave the past in the past and live each day as if it is the last. God is a merciful, forgiving and loving God. Thanks for your encouraging words. :)

You have such a wonderful sweet and thoughtful heart. You are a blessing in my life and I pray everything works out for you with the sale of your home.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
I always find your posts insightful and full of your tender heart.
May 2007 be filled with every blessing!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Very nice post!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Heather said...

His mercies are new everymorning. Praise the Lord for a new day and a new year.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is so true. Everyone will stumble this year, but those of us who can let go of the past will have an easier time. So like you I need to practice accepting God's mercy.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because the Lord has shown us such great mercy we can be merciful to others. I enjoyed reading this post, thank you for sharing from your heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home