About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Hutch
Psalm 100
Happy Thanksgiving
Friends
I Have The List!
It's Official - I'm Losing My Mind
Search My Heart, O God
Urrrgh!!
Honoring Veterans
PRAISE and THANKS (and Happy Birthday to me!)

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Tuesday Trivia

Since I don’t have any Christmas preparations to write about (due to “the move”), I will just ramble a bit today. Oh – I did write my Christmas Cards last night. That is some kind of record for me. I’m usually scrambling to get them done so they’ll arrive before Christmas actually gets here! With everything else I have to do, it seemed like a prudent thing to do. I got to cross that item off the list.

My Mom and Dad will be moving into their little house this Saturday. They are doing the final packing up. I will be sad to see them leave, but we will be leaving ourselves in a few weeks. Eventually we will be living just a fifteen minute drive from them. It will all be fine. My son and daughter-in-love live in the same town as well. They are looking forward to having us a little closer.

I was supposed to have my little Christmas piano recital today. My piano teacher has several students my age (I guess we could be referred to as the “senior students”), and we were going to have a little get together. We were each going to play our Christmas piece and partake of some goodies. However, I find myself without transportation! My husband is at our daughter’s house insulating the pipes in her attic (we’re due for a possible freeze Thursday night – it is eighty degrees today!). Then he has to go over to the property where they are getting ready to pour the slab for the shop he is having built there. We will store a lot of our things in it while the house is being built. We won’t have a lot of room in the little apartment we plan to rent. Some people have warned him everything will be stolen if we leave it stored on the property. Sigh…. What to do. We will leave the really valuable things at my parents’ house and some at our daughter’s house too. Then we’ll insure and pray.

The inspectors are coming to check things out here on Monday. Since we’re selling commercially, they won’t be as fussy about the house, but the oven is cleaning itself as I write. I can’t help but want everything to look spic and span. All the windows are wide open, and yet I still feel a bit whoozy from the fumes (I probably should have cleaned it months ago).

Enough about the “stuff to do”. I sometimes feel overwhelmed, but I keep praying for a sense of peace and order. It will all get done – one task at a time.

Does anyone know of a miracle cure for arthritic fingers? At least I think that’s what is wrong with my fingers. The top joint on both of my pinkies and the ring finger of my left hand are getting like knots. They are swollen and so sore. I’m afraid all my fingers will get the same way, and then I won’t be able to play the piano any more – and what a loss to the musical world that would be!!

I don’t think I mentioned what a nice holiday we had here. It is always so good to have the family all together. At one point on Friday, when all the grownups (nine of us) were engaged in various conversations and all seven grandchildren were talking at once (loudly so they could be heard over the adult conversation) – I just sat back and smiled. It was such a lovely chaos. Three generations – all laughing and sharing. These are the moments I cherish – storing them away as precious memories. We are blessed.
Have a great Tuesday.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 12:05 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What a great catching up post. You've certainly picked the busiest time of year to move! I can't imagine packing up all our things at this point in our lives. The mere thought is just overwhelming!
Even unpacking all this Christmas decoration has been tiring!
Sorry I don't have any suggestions for arthritic fingers. My grandpa suffers from that as well...
((hugs))

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I know what you mean about the moving thing. Last year we sold our house in November, packed it up completely in boxes, signed closing papers the week of Christmas, and the next week we went to visit my Mom in Texas for a week.
In between that, we left just enough Christmas decorations out and about to make the living room and kitchen feel Christmasy. We also put up the tree.
After the trip to Texas, we came home, packed up what was left and moved the second week of January. A real whirlwind, for sure!!
But it was nice to at least have the Christmas tree up and a couple nativity sets to make the holiday seem festive, anyway.

I'm so sorry about the fingers. I know there are remedies out there, but I haven't had to explore any of them. Hope you find relief soon.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hello, Linda! Thanks for coming by my "place" today and leaving a comment!

Is that picture your Christmas cards? very cute!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Wow, you are one busy woman these days! Make sure you stop to breathe a little. :)

I think that is great that you take piano...I've been wanting to take lessons but I keep thinking I'm too old to start.

My only suggestion for the fingers is naxproxen/ibuprofen. It's an anti-inflammatory and might help with the swelling.

Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I haven't even started Christmas cards yet. Good for you!!

I have been taking Ibuprofen for pain in my wrist but the doctor recently recommended Aleve. It lasts longer. I am not expert. Just sharing what I was told.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I've been absent for a week - I've missed a lot. I totally can relate to the hubbub when all the generations are trying to talk over the others. What a blessing!

I take two Aleve every day for my beginning arthritis.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm finally here to catch up on your news...been so busy the last few days, I haven't had much time for visiting! I don't envy you having to move at this time of year but I'm sure everything will work out! I would love to hear you playing the piano...I use to play it when I was young but it's been many, many, many years!! I'm so sorry to hear you have arthritis in your hands:-( Hugs xox

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

The piano recital will be so much fun if you can find a ride. How thoughtful of your hubby to fix your daughter's pipes up with insulation in mind of the cold weather that is coming.

It really is amazing how much we try to accomplish in such a short period of time. I have been overjoyed at knocking a few things off my list, just to realize how it is Christmas time and I need to do my cards and shop and on and on! lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home