About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Search My Heart, O God
Urrrgh!!
Honoring Veterans
PRAISE and THANKS (and Happy Birthday to me!)
I'm Having a Great Week!!
A Christmas Memory
SAME GIRL
Bits and Pieces
Let's Chat
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, November 15, 2006
It's Official - I'm Losing My Mind

It’s true – I am afraid I’m losing what I laughingly refer to as my mind! I have been getting rather forgetful of late, but I attributed this slight defect to age. After six decades things do begin to get a bit worn out. I didn’t worry too much about it, because I hear even my twenty-eight year old daughter talk about walking purposefully into a room only to stand there in complete bewilderment as to why she walked into said room to begin with. And I just laughed when I finally did the “look all over the house for my reading glasses which were perched on my head” thing. However, I now fear things are becoming rather dire.

November 4th was my son and daughter-in-law’s eleventh anniversary and I COMPLETELY FORGOT IT!! I mean I didn’t even remember for a minute and then forget later. I just forgot. And here’s the worst part. I talked on the phone with my son about their going out this week for their anniversary because they hadn’t had a chance to do it before. It just went sailing over my empty head somewhere. Somehow the word “anniversary” just did not compute.

It was when I woke up at two a.m. (maybe that’s the problem – I either don’t fall asleep for hours, or I wake up on and off all night – not a very restful night’s sleep ever these days) that it finally hit me. IT WAS THEIR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SILLY!!! Needless to say I didn’t sleep very well the rest of the night.

I called first thing this morning to apologize and wish them a belated Happy Anniversary. I can’t tell you how stupid I feel. They of course, being the perfectly sweet children they are, just laughed and said not to feel bad at all. I, of course, just felt worse.

If this continues I just may call and make a reservation for the next vacancy at the local rest home – if I can remember how to use the phone that is.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:48 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Heather said...

My poor mother-in-law did that to us one yea. She too is struggling with the waking in the middle of the night thing and called my husband late that night (because she knew he was up) and wished us a happy anniversary. :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ask if they have an extra bed for me too! lol I can't even tell you the number of times I've walked into the pantry or another room and have to stop and think what I was going there for! I've also forgotten birthdays, anniversaries, etc....what were we talking about?????? hehe Linda, thank you so much for the kind words about my dad, that meant a lot to me xoxo

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Save me a room wherever you go... I forgot my MIL birthday a few weeks ago. AAARRRGHGHG!!

I can so relate!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Hey, did I hear someone mention a sleep over Pajama party! Whoo hoo! :)
Couldn't you just see us all together! Who needs a bed we just need laptops! It would be great, and you might not even need an a new isp server, we could just use wireless modems! :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
I laughed when I read this one. I've had so much on my mind lately, that I find myself doing exactly the same thing (wandering in a room and wondering why I'm there!)
Thanks for your prayers for Bill. All went very well and he's doing fine.
I'll be glad to help you with a slide show, or whatever you need..anytime!
e-mail me with you address if you like.
((hugs))

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh...this must be contagious! Ha!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll join you at the rest home. I forget stuff all the time. I even forget what I'm doing while I'm doing it. I once posted on the fact that I put a pill in my mouth and forgot to swallow it until it started to tast yucky. How the heck I did this I don't know.

Happy anniversery to your son and daughter in law.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Pam said...

I'll be your next door neighbor at the rest home, darlin'! I do the same things all the time.

If I don't get on the stick, I am going to miss my brother's bday, and it is the same week as mine!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Dear Linda, you're not alone! It's a tired brain that does it. I can't remember my name when I'm tired! Getting a card out on time is a major accomplishment for me :) I hope you feel better now that you know we're all in the same boat...or nursing home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home