About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
PRAISE
Saturday Photo Hunt - Dreaming
Exhaustified!!
A Little This; A Little That
The Oak Trees
My Dream
Braggin' Rights
His Greatness
Angel Dog?
The Rest of the Story

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, October 23, 2006
Prayer Request
It is a beautiful day here. I just love it when the heat is finally gone and we get that clear, crisp breeze. The sky is such a brilliant blue with a few feathery clouds high in the sky. And on such a beautiful day some are hurting.

I have a prayer request that came in a letter to my parents from a close friend in Pennsylvania. He is a retired Army Chaplain and recently became the Chaplain for the Pennsylvania State Police. When the horrible shooting at the Amish School House happened, he was called immediately. It is his duty to offer support to the troopers who respond to such tragedies. He arrived within minutes of the actual shooting. It was just as awful as we all imagined.

He ministered to so many during those next hours and days – the Amish families as well as the troopers - but he asked us not to forget to pray for the troopers. He wrote about how deeply affected they all were by what they had seen. He has spent a lot of time counseling and praying with them and says they are doing well – but they do need our prayers.

I have often thought how difficult their job must be, but I must confess that I hadn’t thought to pray for them. My prayers were for the families of those precious little girls. So I thought I would pass on this prayer request to you. Perhaps it will be a time when those who don’t know the Lord will accept Jesus as their Savior. Certainly the Amish Community has been a profound witness of love and grace and forgiveness to the whole world. Those men and women in law enforcement are called on to do things that would just crush some of us and this had to be particularly difficult. Please remember them in your prayers. Thanks so much.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:49 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

The brave men and women in law enforcement will be in my prayers. Bless their hearts with strength for all they are called upon to wittness and see through.

The Amish families have been a piller of strength and grace, as well. My heartfelt prayers have been with them, as well.

Hope you continue to enjoy that refreshing crisp cool weather. We are getting some in the next couple of days too. :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Thank you for the reminder of what our prayers mean to so many.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

There seems to be a theme going on this week. Thanks for the beautiful prayer, the prayer request, and for praying for the request I listed as well. God is good. All the Time!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so horrible. I have been praying and will continue to do so. I can't imagine what these gentle people are going through.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Lori said...

This man will be in my prayers. Thank you for sharing and letting us pray with you.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Thank you for reminding us to keep praying...

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh Linda. How could we forget the people who responded to that tragedy. I should have known. My husband is a first responder and paramedic and the things he's seen, well, he won't even go into detail with me, they're so sad.

So yes, let's all pray for every single person who saw the horror of what happened to those poor little girls that awful day. How sweet of you to remind us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home