About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Little This; A Little That
The Oak Trees
My Dream
Braggin' Rights
His Greatness
Angel Dog?
The Rest of the Story
Just Thinkin'
More Lessons While Bike Riding
Bloggy Tour of Testimonies

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, October 20, 2006
Exhaustified!!
We went "house hunting" today with my parents, and I am "exhaustified"! I actually love looking at other people's houses. The first one we looked at was so cute. Eveything was decorated just the way I like it, and it was so neat and clean. And she had two little boys!! I was impressed.

The next two were new homes, so unfurnished. They were nice too. However, by the third, fourth and fifith they were all beginning to run together in my mind. I couldn't remember which had what layout and which had the nice backyard and which had no ceiling fans......

I fear I have a rather short attention span. I was ready to go home after that. I'm the same way about shopping. I just want to go into the store, find the exact thing I had in mind, pay for it and get out of there! My husband, on the other hand, has endless patience for this sort of thing. He could look at houses or shop for hours. When we go Christmas shopping, I have to set a time limit so I don't fall down right in the middle of the mall!

Therefore, since my little brain has been sorely over-taxed today this is a very short and silly post. I just want to keep in touch with all of you. And after all, I was sure you'd want to know how my day went :-)

I appreciate all of you so much. It's like calling a good friend and sharing a bit of our lives. I would hate to miss out on it. (I think that's what makes keeping it in balance so difficult, but I'm doing better.)

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 5:29 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm with you on the shopping thing. The other thing that exhaustifies me is car shopping. I hate it! But I had to go this last time because the time before my husband bought one in a color that I never liked. Isn't that so petty?? But it was just too "old people" for me. Even though I am one, almost.

Where did you live before that was cold? We rarely have enough snow to complain about. But some years we do. We like it to stay up in the mountains as much as possible!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

#2 comment - who ever heard of ANYONE being gay in those days! I'd like to go back to them.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Barb said...

House hunting is exhausting. Maybe if you do this with them again you can take a camera? I don't know if you have a digital camera but that sure would be a good way to go back later and remember the details of each house.

I hope they find something they like soon. And I hope you have a restful weekend.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I love your word exhautified! I think we've all had days like that! Shopping for a house is beyond stressful, when you think of all the packing and unpacking you have to do once you find one!
Maybe you'll find one soon!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house hunting. I hope you find something quick because before you know it it will be time for Christmas shopping.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hope you have a great weekend and get some rest, Linda. :-)

I can't even begin to imagine shopping for a house. I've lived in rented houses and then an apartment all my life. I know your house will sell in God's time, but it's hard sometimes not to get impatient when He's taking so long to get things done.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh Linda, I just laughed my head off! Just the visual alone of you being in the middle of the store and falling over is beyond hilarious to me. You see, I love to shop, love house hunting, and do both when I just want to get some new ideas. lol Too funny, huh! My best friend and my Mom are like you! Go figure! It is what makes us work! We compliment each other! *Big toothy smile* :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home