About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
His Greatness
Angel Dog?
The Rest of the Story
Just Thinkin'
More Lessons While Bike Riding
Bloggy Tour of Testimonies
Holy
Saturday Photo Hunt - Comfy
Soul Searching
Using The Right Gear

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, October 14, 2006
Braggin' Rights
This is going to be one of those totally obnoxious posts wherein the Grandmother (that would be me) goes on and on about what beautiful, handsome, brilliant, talented.....(well you know) grandchildren she has. We just got home form watching my two oldest grandchildren compete in a Bible Quiz. Stephanie is fifteen and Jared is eleven. They are half of a team of four from their small church who compete. The is Stephanie's second year and Jared's first. They pretty much have to memorize one of the books of the Bible in order to compete.

They need to be able to quote verses when given just one word, answer questions about that particular book in the Bible (they are doing Acts this year), and have a general working knowledge of all the people and ideas it encompasses. I can't tell you how detailed and perfect their answers have to be. I would be at a total loss.

So.....they absolutely wiped every other group out. They were fantastic, terrific, sooo smart. Jared is so cute to watch. He's still young enough to give you a thumb's up when he gets a right answer and then try real hard not to smile big. Too cute!

On the serious side, I kept thinking as I listened to them rattle off scripture verses and recall facts about people and places what a precious thing it was. Those verses they are hiding in their hearts will never leave them. Even in my old age, I remember those memory verses from sunday school and vbs and girls club. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit will bring them to mind. They are storing up treasure that will stand them in very good stead all their lives. I am so proud of them and so thankful that they know the Lord and are willing to put in all the hours of study it takes to prepare for these competitions.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit. My children and grandchildren are a gift from the Father more precious than anything money could buy. I am so blessed.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:41 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

You have every right to brag!! So you go right ahead!

And I couldn't agree more. If they are going to be spending that much time studying and learning, there is nothing more valuable than the Word of God!!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, not obnoxious at all! What a wonderful post, and what terrific grandchildren you have!

You're right, that Scripture will continue to strengthen them and work in their hearts - how thrilled you must be to know that God's Word is dwelling in them. Thanks for sharing this!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I love to brag about my grandchildren.
They are some of the most precious pieces of my heart.
Sounds like these two deserved all the bragging you did!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh Linda, I could listen to you brag on your sweet grandchildren forever! It is so wonderful to see them pour their hearts and soul into memorizing and studying scripture. :) Glad to hear they did so well! woohoo!

On the comment you left me about the caves I am sorry you hurt your head but how you had me laughing with the rest of the story...too funny! :)

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I'd say bragging is in order here. What a special claim to fame - learning the scriptures. Good for them.

Thank you for the really sweet welcome home comment. It's good to be home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home