About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Rest of the Story
Just Thinkin'
More Lessons While Bike Riding
Bloggy Tour of Testimonies
Holy
Saturday Photo Hunt - Comfy
Soul Searching
Using The Right Gear
Christian Mediocrity
Beary Word Meme

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, October 12, 2006
Angel Dog?
We are deep into prophesy in our study of Daniel at my Bible Study. It is just awesome the way everything in scripture fits together. As we discussed the different interpretations of the order of events at the end of the age, some of the women said they fervently hoped the view that the church will be raptured before the tribulation is the correct one. The tribulation will be a time more horrible than we can imagine, and I could understand the fear they felt thinking we might have to go through it.

I was thinking about it this morning – thinking about the promises God has made to us in His word concerning His protection. Over and over again He tells us not to be afraid. He will never leave us or forsake us. Nothing can separate us from His love. If He is for us, who can be against us?

I was reminded of a story I have heard my mother and her sisters tell over and over again about my Grandmother. It was during the Depression, and they lived in a very poor area. The neighborhood was a rather rough one – not the sort of place you wanted to walk through after dark.

One of their neighbors – a young man with a wife who was due to have a baby shortly – was in the neighborhood bar when a terrible fight broke out. He tried to intervene and was killed. It was, of course, tragic for his young wife. She was left all alone.

My Grandmother had become the neighborhood “physician”. No one could afford doctors or hospitals, so they all came to her for help. She even acted as a midwife. She was very concerned for this young woman and promised to be with her when it was time for her to deliver her baby.

Late one night, after everyone had gone to bed, my Grandmother woke from a sound sleep. Somehow she knew it was time for that baby to be born, and she had to get to the young woman’s apartment. My Grandfather tried to prevent her from going, but she insisted. She told him to stay with the children and assured him she would be fine.

As she stepped out of her apartment into the dark, deserted street she noticed a large dog sitting right in her path. It wasn’t a dog she had ever seen before, and she tried to shoo him away. He didn’t seem at all menacing, but he wouldn’t budge so she walked around him and began to walk the few blocks to the young woman’s apartment. He followed right behind her until she reached her destination and went inside.

It was just as she somehow knew it would be; the young woman was in labor and so relieved to see my Grandmother walk in the door. The delivery went well and soon a little baby boy was cuddled safely in his mother’s arms.

My Grandmother gathered her things and left the apartment to make the lonely walk home. She opened the door and there was the big dog waiting right where she had left him. Again he followed closely behind her until she reached her own apartment. She opened the door and before going inside turned to look once more at the dog. He wasn’t there. He had simply vanished. She looked up and down the street, but he was nowhere in sight. In fact, he was never seen again.

My Grandmother was convinced that God had sent that dog to keep her safe as she made her way through that dangerous neighborhood to help someone in great need. We believe it too.

That story encourages me reminding me that in my moments of greatest need, He is always with me. I believe there are times when I am unaware of the danger around me, but He is there to protect me and keep me safe. Whatever the future holds for us as believers, we are safely held in His loving hands. Truly, He will never leave us or forsake us.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 12:14 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

There is a lot of prophesy and forshadowing with dreams and so forth, in the book of Daniel. I don't think any of us know if the church will be raptured before the tribulation, but it would be nice to think so. :)

What a lovely encouraging story about your Grandmother and the dog. I believe with all my heart that God put the dog there to protect her. Gee, now I will look at animals with even more compassion. Wonderful post Linda!

Thank you for your kind word regarding my blog, but really if you only knew...lol The sidebar falls on a regular basis. I may have to change my template out cause I really do like the little "play pretty toys". lol If you put too much in the sidebar "poof" it falls to the bottom of the page. I tell everyone, it's like loosing your britches! very sad...lol

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Your words are so very true. I bet your study is great!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love that story! I, too, am one who wishes the rapture would be before the tribulation, but God will see us through, no matter what.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

That is a great story. God can bring us protection and angels in such different ways.

I really, really hope that we are taken before the tribulation.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Great story about the dog protecting your Grandma when she was taking care of that poor young mother.
Angels truly are among us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home