About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Angel Dog?
The Rest of the Story
Just Thinkin'
More Lessons While Bike Riding
Bloggy Tour of Testimonies
Holy
Saturday Photo Hunt - Comfy
Soul Searching
Using The Right Gear
Christian Mediocrity

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, October 13, 2006
His Greatness
It is a beautiful day here in South Texas. It's finally a bit cool with sunshine and clear blue skies. It's that kind of blue that almost hurts your eyes to look at. There's a gentle breeze flowing through the open windows. Ahh fresh air!! It's so nice to have the windows open and the a.c. off. I love days like this.

In my quiet time today I was praying about all the needs that I've learned about recently. Some of them are so overwhelming. It would be easy to become discouraged and disheartened and wonder why. I've done that more often than I'd like to admit. But this time as I prayed I just began to get a small sense of who God is. My heart felt so full when I thought of how wise and powerful and merciful and loving He truly is. I really cannot get my mind around the enormity of who He is. I am just thankful that He is.

I could almost feel Him putting His arm around me and drawing me in close. I could almost see Him bending His head down to really listen to my prayer. It is overwhelming. I have been so far from Him lately - feeling rather defeated and discouraged about our own circumstances. I tend to shut down during those times and instead of pressing in, I run away. This was so much better. I get weary of failing in the same old ways. But He never makes me feel like a failure. There is always grace and forgiveness.

It is a very quiet day here. I'm all alone, and so I guess I'm a little contemplative. I am just struck anew by the greatness of who He is and smallness of who I am and the unimaginable miracle that He loves me and wants to spend time with me.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:10 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Maybe the upcoming holidays will lift your spirits Linda. Do you all get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Last year was so hectic for us with all the company and the folks' Anniversary and weddings. This year is going to be just the opposite so I am trying to decide if I might have more time to plunge in and make some homemade gifts. God does love you Linda, it will all work out! :)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you had this time today to be quiet, reflective, and aware.

It is always so overwhelming for me when I really take the time to think on who He is and who I am... and the fact that He would still choose to love me.

Amazingly unbelievable...!!!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Linda...thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the birthday wishes, they are truly appreciated:-) I'm overwhelmed at all the comments that have come in!! Glad you could join my party:-)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh Linda. It sounds like you had a calm, reflective day. And that's so good for us when it can actually happen. I'm happy for you, that you felt close to God today. And yes, of course, He was on bended knee, listening to you. He always is. We just don't stop often enough to remember that.

I love that you felt this closeness to God today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home