"Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."
I am thankful, that in the midst of a world that seems to be changing with mind-numbing rapidity, the Father never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. His word is true and His promises are faithful. He is the firm foundation under our feet when all else gives way. Thank You Lord.
The little robins come one by one to drink from our birdbath, and I think of the miraculous. Who whispered in his tiny ear that it was time to begin the journey north - and how does he know the way? He has a Father who is watching over Him. I am thankful.
A beautiful bouquet to celebrate forty-two years together. Years filled with everything we had hoped and so much we never dreamed of. You held us together Lord in the best of times and in the darkest of times. You have made of our love something special.
The beginning of the journey for two very special young people. Thank you for their sweet testimony of your grace in their lives.
- Thank you for another year with Dad, Lord and for bringing him safely through this difficult year. We celebrated his 89th birthday with cream puffs and thanksgiving.
- reconnecting with dear friends in our small group at Bible Study; thank You for friends who laugh, cry, share and pray together.
- sensing God speaking a message of Hope into my life
- time spent with the five grands in Dallas: laughing with delight at J's impersonations of people in the movies we watched; watching little G. cling to her Papa's hand wherever we went.
- seeing our son and daughter-in-law return from their vacation rested and refreshed
- kind, encouraging words from blogging friends - my sisters of the heart
- looking into the night sky and seeing the numberless stars piercing the darkness - astounded and deeply comforted that He knows each one by name
- the pleasure in good books - Miss Read books in particular
- sunny, sparkling days with a sky so blue it pierces my heart
- security in the midst of hard times - security in knowing my Father is watching over us.
- watching a favorite movie
- good conversation with a dear friend who always points me to Jesus
- a thunderstorm on Feb. 10th.
- an overnight with our little granddaughters - they are a delight
- answered prayer
For all these things and so much more I thank You Father. You have poured out blessing upon blessing. Give us eyes to see and ears to hear.
To participate in this gratitude journaling and see other lists of thanksgiving, visit Ann's blog.