About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Sleep (or the lack thereof)
Saturday At My House
RARE BIRD SIGHTING!
The Desert
DOLDRUMS
One Thousand Gifts
I Love Him
Girls' Lunch
POWER
One Thousand Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, June 19, 2008
A Letter To My Father


Heavenly Father,

This is your daughter - the one who has been so distant lately. I've missed You. Why is it that the times I need You most are the times I distance myself? Is it, perhaps, because I know just what it is You will say to me and don't want to hear it?

At the beginning of this year You gave me a word and then a verse to go along with it. The word was "Path" and the verse was Psalm 16:11. You know how I am about these things; how I tend to think a thing to death and in the process begin to question and doubt. Well You've made sure there was no doubt in this case. I felt such a conviction of the truth of it in my heart. You were calling me to set aside all my own dreams and desires and simply follow the path of Your choosing.

I did pretty well for a while Father, but then I wandered off on my own again. I guess I just didn't like the way the journey was going. In truth, I lost hope because I didn't think we were making any progress. I couldn't see anything good on the path.

I imagine You smiling about now. You know me so well. I hadn't really surrendered my life to You at all. I was still wrestling for control. I may have wandered off, but You never let me out of Your sight.

I was sitting in church Saturday when Pastor said that You had caused a certain word to stand out to him as he was preparing his sermon. The word was "PATH". Then he gave us verse after verse : Prov. 14: 2,12 Prov. 15: 10,19, 21 Prov.16: 17, 29 and Prov. 22:6. "Stay on the right path," he said, "and good things happen." I nearly jumped out of my seat.

Oh Father, how You love me. I, who am the least of Your children. You love me with a love that knows no bounds. You love me when I am so unlovely, so rebellious, so selfish and willful. You draw me close when I wander away. You extend such mercy and grace. Over and over You cleanse and fill and restore.

I love You Father. I nearly laughed out loud last evening when I went to the restroom before choir practice started and there on the door of the stall was a flyer with the word "PATH" in huge bold letters. Thank You - for loving me in spite of myself; for Your infinite patience.

Set my feet back on the path Father. I'm ready to go - just please hold my hand tightly in Yours. I don't want to wander off again.

With much love,
Your Daughter
 
  posted at 7:53 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Beautiful, Linda, just beautiful.

I stray far too often from His path myself, dear friend, so I know where you're coming from here.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Just beautiful, as usual! God has certainly made certain you received His message, hasn't He??

How in the world did I miss your last post as well? I have trouble with my mind turning off as well - but Tylenol PM does work for me like a charm. I hope you can start sleeping better - it is so hard when sleep eludes us.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I never cease to be amazed at God's tender loving care towards us and the ways He continues to draw us unto Himself.

I also never case to be amazed at his patience with me as I struggle through some lessons and invitations more than others.

Beautiful friend!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

WOW, Linda, that is powerful... I guess God is always that clear, we just don't listen. I love to visit here. You have such a connection with God and I always feel blessed when I visit. Thanks for providing that for me, you are a friend indeed!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

He loves you, He loves you, He loves you. You are the apple of His eye...

Very powerful post.

Annette

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

In tears because I can so relate and in tears because of the goodness of God to get through to us even when we aren't really listening.

Thank you for sharing this.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Beautiful, Linda. God is funny. Talk about a sign from Him! He really does love you, and me, even when we feel we don't deserve it, which for me is most of the time.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I LOVE how God does that!! He is so good, so patient, and He knows how we need to hear from Him (or to be affirmed that we *have* heard from Him.) This was another wonderful post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home