About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Feathered Praise Choir
A Guest From England
Thankful Thursday
At Long Last - Pictures!
Salvation's Plan
The Father's Love
Following The Path
Thankful Thursday
Home Again
Another Little Break

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, April 02, 2008
One Thousand Gifts



"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Ps. 28:7

97. Easter:

98. - tears coursing down cheeks as we listen to the words of a loving Savior preparing to give His life for ours

99. - joy overflowing as we hear the story told again - the story of love and redemption

100. - little girls in white dresses dancing to the soul-filling words: "Behold He comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun, at the trumpet call."

101 - one hundred fifty one people surrendering their hearts to Christ - receiving the priceless gift of new life on this resurrection day.

102. - my Christmas cactus heavy with gorgeous magenta flowers. It has always preferred to bloom at Easter rather than Christmas. I can understand that.

103. - the live oak trees shedding their old leaves, littering the lawn with the old and immediately putting out new fresh new growth - a picture of new life in Jesus.

104. - my husband surprising my Mom and Dad by buying lawn food and fertilizing their lawn for them

105. - a letter from a great-grandson to his great-grandfather just to say he loves him and is praying he will feel better soon.

106. - lavish love and appreciation from my parents for the little things we do for them.

107. - a phone call from our daughter just because she wanted to hear our voices

108. - my very old rose bush, looking like it has seen better days, still producing the most beautifully fragrant roses I have ever smelled. Heavenly.

109. - sharing a walk, conversation and laughter with good neighbors

110. - the amazing grace of God that covers my life, in spite of my failings


I want to add a little apology for not being around much this past week or so. We have been busy with our friend from England. We've had a wonderful time showing off this wonderful place we call home, but it has left me little time for anything else. She will be returning home tomorrow - and I promise to get caught up as quickly as I can.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:20 AM
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Linds said...

More lovely gifts, Linda. I am lookign forward to hearign how the visit has gone! Huddersfield is about 3 hours away from me. Nowhere here is very far! I have been there a couple of times over the years.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I don't have one right now, but every Christmas cactus I've ever had bloomed at Easter instead. As you said, it's understandable!

If I had your gift of words, I would write a devotional based on my Mostly Wordless Wednesday pictures today. Maybe you can do it, eh??? :-)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I give praise with your for His gifts, Linda...
You described them so well, I could *see* them, friend...
Isn't praise invigorating?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home