Wednesday, April 02, 2008
One Thousand Gifts
"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Ps. 28:7
98. - tears coursing down cheeks as we listen to the words of a loving Savior preparing to give His life for ours
99. - joy overflowing as we hear the story told again - the story of love and redemption
100. - little girls in white dresses dancing to the soul-filling words: "Behold He comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun, at the trumpet call."
101 - one hundred fifty one people surrendering their hearts to Christ - receiving the priceless gift of new life on this resurrection day.
102. - my Christmas cactus heavy with gorgeous magenta flowers. It has always preferred to bloom at Easter rather than Christmas. I can understand that.
103. - the live oak trees shedding their old leaves, littering the lawn with the old and immediately putting out new fresh new growth - a picture of new life in Jesus.
104. - my husband surprising my Mom and Dad by buying lawn food and fertilizing their lawn for them
105. - a letter from a great-grandson to his great-grandfather just to say he loves him and is praying he will feel better soon.
106. - lavish love and appreciation from my parents for the little things we do for them.
107. - a phone call from our daughter just because she wanted to hear our voices
108. - my very old rose bush, looking like it has seen better days, still producing the most beautifully fragrant roses I have ever smelled. Heavenly.
109. - sharing a walk, conversation and laughter with good neighbors
110. - the amazing grace of God that covers my life, in spite of my failings
I want to add a little apology for not being around much this past week or so. We have been busy with our friend from England. We've had a wonderful time showing off this wonderful place we call home, but it has left me little time for anything else. She will be returning home tomorrow - and I promise to get caught up as quickly as I can.