About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
One Thousand Gifts
A Feathered Praise Choir
A Guest From England
Thankful Thursday
At Long Last - Pictures!
Salvation's Plan
The Father's Love
Following The Path
Thankful Thursday
Home Again

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, April 06, 2008
A Fresh New Look!
Susie has done it again - taken my dreams and turned them into a beautiful blog. She does amazing work. I am just delighted with what she has done. If you think you would like to freshen up your blog or get a whole new look, just click on the button in my sidebar, and it will take you to Bluebird Blogs - Susies website. She is wonderful to work with and does such a beautiful job.

All is quiet here on our little Texas homestead. Jane is safely back in England, and we have stepped back into our normal routine. We've had such beautiful weather the past couple of days I just couldn't bear to stay indoors. So after our bike ride yesterday I worked in my flower garden for about an hour and a half. One would think I had attempted to climb Mt Everest judging from the aches and pains I woke up wiht this morning. Honestly - getting old is not for the faint of heart.

However, My little garden is looking all neat and trim - and terribly dry. I watered it right after I finished working. We are in desperate need of rain here. We had several days of very muggy, gloomy weather, but it only sprinkled now and then. We could use a good day of a gentle, steady rain.

I did manage our bike ride this morning (I figured maybe I could work out some of the kinks), and I now plan to sit for the rest of the day! I'll sit at the piano, sit and work on my quilt and sit and watch "Sense and Sensibility" tonight. Sounds like a perfect sunday to me.

I hope you all have a restful, blessed day as well.
 
  posted at 1:33 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Looks lovely Linda! Susie did a fantastic job!!
I know what you mean about the aches and pains. Feels good to get things clean and tidy, but there's usually some wear and tear on us.
As you say "aging is not for the faint of heart"
Blessings,
xo

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I love it. It's so beautiful, enough to make me want to crawl into it and dash around in the wildflowers :)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Linda,

I just love your new look:-) Susie certainly does do beautiful work with banners and blogs!!

We still have a lot of snow but it's finally starting to melt away thanks to the last few days of having nothing but sunshine and milder days! I won't be able to start working in my flower gardens until the end of May (there's still frost in the ground) but at least this dreaded snow is melting!! It's been a longggg winter.

Sounds like you had plans for a nice relaxing Sunday...hope it worked out that way for you:-) xox

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

It's beautiful, Linda... just like your heart, friend....

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful new look! Just perfect.

No, aging is not for the faint of heart! Or back!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I love it! It makes me want to get a fresh new look too. Blessings to you!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I love the new header too - it is so you - Nature :)

Actually I head last week that yard-work is just as much a work-out than going to the gym - you wend and lift all the time doing the yard :)

Blessings to you and yours...

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I love your new look, Linda! Beautiful. I know all about creaks and groans...you are right. Aging is not for the feint of heart. I swear everythign went AWOL after I turned 50. Sigh. Quilting...Oh how I love quilting.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Barb said...

This is exactly why I'm such a huge fan of Susie's. She always, always gets it right. I love your new look, Linda. It's perfect for you.

I can't wait to show everyone what she did with my shop web site design. That's if I EVER get it opened. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home