About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
At Long Last - Pictures!
Salvation's Plan
The Father's Love
Following The Path
Thankful Thursday
Home Again
Another Little Break
The Walk
A Bit of News

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 27, 2008
A Guest From England

The Alamo. I love to visit this little Mission. No matter how many times we come I always get inspired by the story.

My husband Steve, my Mom and Jane standing in the Calvery Court Yard waiting for the lecture.




Jane and the tour guide. He gave a really wonderfully inspired talk about the battle of the Alamo.


The garden behind the Alamo. It is a lovely, tranquil place.


The Riverwalk







I have, of course, done this post completely backwards. I meant to write first and add pictures later. However..... I don't want to mess with it because the minute I do I will lose all the pictures (I speak from bitter experience). So please bear with me. One of these days I will acutally become skilled at this.

Just a brief post to share a bit of what we've been doing the past couple of days. My Mom and Dad have a friend visiting from Huddersfield, England. We went to pick her up at the airport tuesday night, and as my Dad is still recovering from his slight stroke, my husband and I have been designated "official tour guides".

Today we visited the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Then Jane wanted to buy a pair of real Texas cowboy (or cowgirl as the case may be) boots and a cowgirl hat. So after lunch at the Riverwalk (Texas bar-b-que) we headed to the "World's Largest Western Store" - Sheppler's. She found a beautiful pair of boots, a stunning hat and various other Texas accoutrements.

Tomorrow we're taking her to ride a horse! She is so excited. I plan on cheering her on from the fence.

As the saying goes, I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quickly as I could. I have a deep love for this place. There is a warmth and sense of something very special here. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it just feels like home.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 6:31 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Love the pictures, Linda! I'm only a state away but I haven't been to the Alamo myself.

Your Spring is much farther along than ours here in NE Arkansas. We're getting there though, slowly but surely.

Have a great weekend, my friend, and enjoy the visit with your English friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Okay, now I am totally missing SA. I haven't been since summer, and I love to make day trips there. Looks like you are showing your friend a very good time. Be blessed, and thanks for the encouraging words you sent my way earlier today. You always know just the perfect thing to say.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

This is one place I have always wanted to go. Thanks for at least letting me see it vicariously :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

We were in SA for our church's quadrennial international convention a few years ago. Unfortunately it was in July. Would love to be there for spring sometime - my brother has been there many times in April and says it's wonderful. Do you live really close to SA? Or just there?

We stayed in a wonderful hotel above the Riverwalk. Unfortunately, it rained so much while we were there that they had to close it down and we missed the boat ride. Bummer! We got stuck in the DAllas airport overnight. First time I'd ever missed a flight for rain instead of snow!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Linda...what a wonderful trip this looks like! So glad you're having a good time!
My dad was born in Texas, and later said it was a great place to be "from"...meaning, there was something special about saying you were born and raised in Texas, but he was glad to be elsewhere. ;)

I don't know why I'm on on line right now...our family hits the road in an hour this morning and we're off to Disneyland!

See you in about ten days! :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Totally different subject - I thought of you as I listened to the radio on the way to work yesterday - there is a writer's conference going on in Estes Park in May. One of the features is being able to sit with editors and publishers. The radio guy was talking about his devotionals he's written and trying to get them published. Which led me to thinking of you and your wonderful writings - you definitely should try to get them published somewhere.

Come up to the writer's conference and I'll drive you to Estes!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Your posts make me always smile - I wish I would have more time to stop in...

San Antonio looks like a city I would love. Every time I see the river-walk I want to go *sigh*...It sounds like you had a super day in San Antonio.

I am sorry to read that your dad suffered a slight stroke. I hope that he is recovering well from it.

Thank you for sharing a little more about Texas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home