About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Another Little Break
The Walk
A Bit of News
Living Water
Catching Up and Thanks
One Thousand Gifts
TODD
Thank You and an Update
The Driveway Leading Home
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, March 10, 2008
Home Again

We arrived home sunday night as much needed raindrops began to fall. They are fell in abundance yesterday, and we are so thankful. We have prayed for rain, and the Lord has sent water to our thirsty land.

The sun is shining today; it is a "diamond" of a day - clear blue skies,everything looking clean, fresh an sparkling. The little rose bush I thought might not come back is sporting a new garment of tiny green leaves - fulfilling the promise of spring. It is a glorious time of year.

We had a wonderful weekend. It is a joy to spend time with our family. We rode bikes, went to our grandson's first little league game, played games, went to church together - and just generally enjoyed being together. I never take for granted the blessing of God's grace in our family. It is like a precious thread that runs through our lives, drawing us together and to Him. I am so thankful Father.

Only one more piano lesson before we take a bit of a break (a couple of weeks off for Easter and Spring Break). Choir rehersals in abundance as we prepare for the Easter services. There is an air of expectancy.

Today my Dad has his appointment with the neurologist. He is hoping to get all his questions answered. He still has the numbness on his left side and is hoping it will eventually subside. His spirits are a bit low these days. It is difficult to adjust to dramatic changes in our lives. My Mom's bronchitis is about gone. Several days ago she could barely talk, but she sounds so much better now.

So....that about brings you up to date on the goings on in my little world. One little "funny" for you. In church this sunday we sang "Days of Elijah". There is a part in the middle of the song that repeats the wonderful refrain "There's no God like Jehovah." When we got home from church, my husband was outside with our little granddaughter Grace. She began singing in her loudest voice, "There's no job like Behovah!" Papa tried to gently correct her, but she just looked at him in a way that said "It really is too bad you don't have it right Papa." and continued singing - "THERE'S NO JOB LIKE BEHOVAH!" She's a hoot.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:03 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Welcome home dear Linda:-) Always a relief to know that a loved one is home safe and sound! So glad you had such a wonderful visit with your family, sounds like a fun time!! I do hope your dad was able to get his questions answered by the neurologist. Glad to hear that your mom is feeling better, hopefully she continues that way. What a cute story about your little granddaughter singing "There's no job like Behovah"! hehe xox

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks so much for your kind words today. I am feeling much better this afternoon. I'll miss revival service at church again tonight, but I imagine I'll be heading back to work tomorrow.

I just heard that song on the radio yesterday - don't recall ever hearing it before. A lot of repeition of that phrase! What a cutie Grace is -

Sorry about your dad! I know it's hard on them to realize their bodies are not what they used to be. (or ours, for that matter!)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad you had a wonderful family time dear Linda :)
Keeping your Dad in prayer..
xoxo

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Welcome Home! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with family! I'm glad! :-)

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit, continuing to pray for your father, and I have to say, 'Behovah" is quite lovely!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

So glad you had a wonderful visit with your family, Linda!
I just love that picture...the dog looks so much like ours, so it reminds me of a picture I could have taken of one of our little girls and our dog, Mandy. :)
Hoping all goes well with your dad's appointment!
And thank you for coming over and wishing my mom a happy birthday!
Blessings,
Tammy

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

oh my, your granddaughter is so cute. I am glad you wrote that down for her. What a sweetie she is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home