About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Home Again
Another Little Break
The Walk
A Bit of News
Living Water
Catching Up and Thanks
One Thousand Gifts
TODD
Thank You and an Update
The Driveway Leading Home

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thankful Thursday




The approaching Easter season always makes me more mindful of the huge debt of thanks I owe to Jesus. It seems so inadequate when I write the words. He gave His life that I might have eternal life. He bore the punishment of my sins so that I would never have to. He clothes me in His righteousness, for I have none of my own. He gives me hope - no matter what my circumstances. He bears my burdens. He sends His spirit to fill me - bringing comfort, peace, joy, love, gentlenes, goodness, kindness,patience, self-control. He has made possible the forgiveness of sins I commit in spite of all He has done for me - those willful, rebellious, selfish acts that make me cringe when I see them for what they are.

I realize anew what He suffered that I might have all of those things. My sins alone were enough to cause Him great anguish as He hung on that cross, and He loves me any way. Those things that I so easily dismiss as "little" sins, those habits that don't seem so terribly bad - all adding to the weight of the burden He bore. How can I ever thank Him enough?

Thank You, Father, for sending Your beloved Son to die for my sins. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for choosing to come - knowing the path You would have to walk. I wonder if You didn't sometimes look at the mess humanity had created and struggle with whether it was worth it all. I don't think You did. You saw, You knew, and You chose to come. There is no greater love - and I thank You with all my heart.

For many more Thankful Thursday posts please visit Iris' blog - Sting My Heart.


Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:06 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Such a lovely thankful post, bless you sweetie.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Easter is such a wonderful time! What a blessed people we are.

Thank you for your so kind words to me!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Shari Ellen said...

When we think that we can't find anything to be thankful for, we just have to look at what He has done for us.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Beautiful post Linda!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, girl - your thankful posts are always so precious.
You are right - I always marvel over His goodness and that He still chose to walk the walk to the Hill to nail our sins to the cross - just amazing to me.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home