About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Living Water
Catching Up and Thanks
One Thousand Gifts
TODD
Thank You and an Update
The Driveway Leading Home
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
A Listening Heart
Bloom Where You Are Planted
Potential In Jesus

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, February 29, 2008
A Bit of News
I am just popping in quickly to share a bit of news. I will be away from the computer for the next couple of days - so thought I would do it now. Tomorrow is our MS walk and on sunday my sweet daughter is taking me to see PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!! I am so excited - I just can't tell you. It has been years since I've seen a musical. I just love them but haven't had the opportunity to go in a very long time. It is my Christmas present from her. I cannot wait! How I love the music. It was the perfect present for me.

We spent yesterday at the hospital with my Dad again. The numbness returned and was worse. He felt just awful, so we took him to the ER. The doctor ordered an MRI of his brain this time, and it showed that he had indeed had a slight stroke. They kept him overnight and discharged him this morning with perscriptions for a strong type of aspirin and cholesterol medication. He is to make an appointment with his doctor and with a neurologist for next week.

He looked fine this morning - just tired. You don't get to sleep much in the hospital. My Mom is totally worn out too. So we took them home and quickly left so they could both take a nap.

We are relieved to finally have some answers and thankful that it was a mild stroke. God is good. Thank you for all of your prayers on our behalf. I really hope to get back to normal next week and visit everyone. If I have a bit of time on sunday I'll try to visit then.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:56 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I am glad your dad is ok, and that you have some answers.

Praying the MS walk goes well.

I am so thankful we could support you in a small way. God is good and we continue to pray for Todd and his family.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I am sorry your dad had a stroke, but I am glad you are getting some answers about the numbness. Have a great time tomorrow!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

WOW! What a time you've had! Praying things resolve and settle soon! Trusting your parents will find the rest that they need (and you too!)

Enjoy your fun weekend!! We'll be here when you are able to return!...

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Linda I'm happy you know what is going on with your dad. Now Doctors and move forward with treatment.
I also understand you mom is tired. My dad was taken back to the hospital yesterday too. He is now in ICU. Mom is so tired she may drop soon too. But you just can't get a love one to rest.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Linda,

I didn't get to check yesterday on how your Dad's appointment went on Thursday... I'm so sorry he had additional complications, but am thankful he's getting some answers. I'm praying for REST for both of your sweet parents.

I'm thinking of you so much today during your walk! I hope it goes well! Love you!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm just catching up with your posts and see you've had a lot of difficult things to deal with lately. I'm so glad to hear your dad has been diagnosed and now will get the proper treatment. I pray he and your mom will find rest and be able to rebuilt their strength.
I hope the MS walk goes well and that you have good weather for it.
I know you'll have a wonderful time at 'Phantom' with your daughter. What a thoughtful present :)
Blessings..

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but so glad you all have some answers now.

Have a super time at Phantom of the Opera, Linda!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home