About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Wordless Wednesday - It's a Whopper!
In Other Words
Getting Out the Wrinkles
Pride Goeth Before.....well you know
Thankful Thursday
FREEDOM
Just Call me Sophora secundiflora
Reflections of Him
Simply Trusting
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, July 12, 2007
Thankful Thursday



“I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart;
I will tell of all Thy wonders.
I will be glad and exult in Thee;
I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High.”
Psalm 9: 1, 2

I am thankful for the sweet surprises the Lord tucks into my life. This past weekend my niece, whom we haven’t seen in over twenty years, visited us with her little eight year old daughter. She is moving to our area from New York City. She has spent most of the past fifteen years living and working in Europe. It was such a delight to reconnect with her. Our family is so spread out across the States we don’t often get to see one another. I am thankful she will now be a part of our lives.

I am thankful for the sunshine and for answered prayer. With all that record-breaking rain and the great potential for flooding at my son’s house – the water never got high enough to flood their home. Whenever there was enough rain to begin filling their back and front yards with water, it would stop before it could get any higher. God was very obviously protecting them in answer to all of our, and your, prayers. Their next door neighbors, whose house sits a bit lower than theirs and has already flooded twice, didn’t know what to make of it. She isn’t a Christian and couldn’t quite figure out what was going on. With the amount of rain that fell, they most certainly expected to be flooded once again. What they didn’t know is they were covered with prayer. It was a great opportunity for my DIL to share the Lord with her.

I am thankful for words – for the amazing power in the written and spoken word. We have such potential for good if we use our words wisely and such potential for harm if we don’t. Within this circle of bloggers, it is our words that bind us together. We share joy and sorrow, we encourage and offer up prayer, we put our hearts into words and get to know one another. We must be careful to do it wisely.

I am thankful for the Living Word of God – that it has the power to transform lives. “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword….”
Heb. 4:12

Above all I am thankful for the Word made flesh. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)

Have a blessed day and be encouraged as you read more Thankful Thursday posts at Sting My Heart.
 
  posted at 2:31 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 3:43 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Amen and yes to all you are thankful for. Blessings!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

How neat that your niece is moving close by! I'm also thankful for words - your words - as you have a way with them!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Bless your thankful heart.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you for your visit today and for your prayers for Feisty - and all of us.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

I am thankful for the times the Lord opens up the door so clearly to share His love and His word as He did with your D-I-L! That is great!
Your post really blessed my heart!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wonderful, Linda! :) I am always so blessed by these!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So happy to hear that the flood never reached your son's home. Our poor friends are really struggling with losing almost all their personal belongings. They are beautiful christian people and know that God has a plan for this devastating event.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lyndy said...

What a wonderful list. Thank you for sharing your thankful heart.

Have a blessed day.

Lyndy

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger rena said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for, especially your neice moving to your area and the Word of God - AMEN to that one!

We've been watching your rain events on our news up here in Canada - seems like we got your hot weather and you got our winter. Sorry to hear that it's so wet and dreary down there. Hope it clears up soon and your son's house does not flood!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

What a blessing that you and your niece will be able to be near each other.

Thank you for sharing your talent with words.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Amen to your thankful Thursday post. So very uplifting!

Thank you for the Birthday blessing for my twins.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

What a joy to read your TT list! You are awe-inspiring. Every. single. word. :)

Praising God w/ you for the wondrous ways that He works and for your niece being back into your life and also for your son's home not being flooded and your DIL being able to share the Lord w/ their neighbors!

Thank you for sharing so beautifully from your very thankful heart. God bless you! :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

How cool that your DIL was able to share with their neighbor about the Lord. That is so awesome. See, God can always use bad things for good :)

How neat that you had a wonderful visit with your niece. Where did she live in Europe? Did she like it?

You are right; we do need to choose our words wisely - here in bloggy land and IRL.

His Word has brought much comfort in my life and helps me to stay focused on the tasks ahead.

Thank you so much for sharing you grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings on your weekend and always.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, I have missed so much. When the wedding is over I will come back and read every word. Keep me in your prayers with just one week to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home