About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Bread of Life
Legacy
Reveal
Thank You For Being You
Sunday Afternoon
Oswald Chambers on Prayer
The Blessing of a New Look
Life Without the Son
40th Wedding Anniversary
An Afternoon Chat

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, February 01, 2007
The Hurriedder I Go, The Behinder I Get!!
This is just a quick little post by way of apology for not getting to read all of your posts these past couple of days. I haven't been home much - and I've been trying hard to keep up. I haven't even had time to write a proper post. I just can't seem to find my balance here. I want so much to have time to visit every one of you, but if I stay in here much longer my husband is going to send out a search party. I wish someone would make up an easy-to-follow formula for "Blogging While Not Neglecting All the Other Stuff I'm Supposed to Get Done." I just haven't been managing well lately. I actually lay in bed at night trying to figure out how I can write, read all your posts, and still not spend hours in front of the computer.j

So...all that to say I'm sorry if I haven't commented in a couple of days. I'll try to visit tomorrow. Of course there's ironing, Bible Study, piano practice, paying bills, going to the bank, and the other usual householdy "stuff". I believe I've mentioned this particular dilemma before. You'd think I'd have a workable plan by now. Nope - still struggling. The story of my life.

Must run.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 7:52 PM
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Yup, that's life, for sure. I just do the best I can. I've seen you on several blogs and just wanted to say, "Hi."

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Linda, blogging should be a pleasure, not another stressful thing to add to the rest of your stressful things.

We all understand when life comes before blogging, as it should. Nobody expects to you to neglect living your life to blog. We struggle with the same issues, and there are times when the blogging has to take the backseat to more important things.

We'll be here when you find time to blog. You control the time you spend blogging; don't let blogging control you or feel guilty about not posting or commenting. There are times when I only post once a week. It just depends on what's going on in my life at the time.

Ease up on yourself, and we won't desert you. We'll keep checking back to see if you've posted. Take the time you need to do what you need to do without stressing over the blog.

Love you, girl. :-)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am so with you! My husband has been getting a bit concerned about my obsession! I used to catch a second or two at work to catch up with one or two friends, but not right now! I can't be in here all the time when the kiddoes are here either. So - what's a girl to do??!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I know I am struggling a bit with the same things, this is why I took a bit of a break this week. Blessings. Just check in when you can, we will be here.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm going to have to echo these other ladies. Just do what you can do when you can. We'll do the same. It's a struggle to find time and then frustration when blogger is not being cooperative about allowing comments etc.
xoxo

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey, life gets in the way sometimes. No need to apologize for that! Take it easy and we'll "see" you again when you get back to normal.
BTW--I loved your title post today. Made me smile!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I think we all have a hard time adjusting after we discover blogging! As the others have said, just do what you can, don't let blogging become stressful in your life!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Just coming over to say hi! Take your time and write when you can, that's what I always do.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Linda, don't worry about it! Blogging is an "extra." Our blogs are about our lives, our blogs aren't our lives. (Not that they couldn't be if we let them... but it's a bit of a reversal of how it should be!)

Live your *real* life, blog about it when you can. :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Linda, I was going to say all the same things these other ladies have said. Don't let it become a burden. You're in our bloglines and when you do have time to post, we'll know it.

Take a complete break for a few days. I did that a while back and it was really helpful. It sort of took the urgency off of the whole process. During my break I read a few blogs, but didn't do any writing of my own and that was a good decision.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

This may be the best title for any post EVER!
Not to add pressure to the pressure cooker....but you oughta' write a book with this title....it would be a best seller!

Take that break.....we bloggers completely understand! Afterall...as real as our blogging relationships feel....we understand you have a LIFE!

We'll be here when you come back!

Diane

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I know how you feel and I hope you feel caught up soon because that is one of the best feelings of all.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Write when you can and want to and just do the "visiting" as you are able. I have some that I make sure I read each day, but some I am only able to get to once a week and then I just read them all at once or just comment on the ones that really strike me. It does tend to take on a life of it's own. But Diane J. is right, it should be a pleasure and not another thing on the to do list.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I'm in the same boat you are. I've found that even though I have a computer at home now, I still do more of this stuff when I'm at work between the work I'm doing because otherwise I'm neglecting housework and my kids. It's a hard balance.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I just read your comment about your sister. How very sad! My sis and I don't do stuff together as often as we should, and try to catch up at church because we're both so busy. We need to do more together while we still have time!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think we all get into the worrying about posting, commenting, reading, replying - and how to do it all! LOL Just do what you can, when you can and don't feel like you have to do it all!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger smilnsigh said...

Dear Linda, I'm not anywhere as busy as you are, in this present part of my life... And yet, we could 'sing the same song.' And if it's any consolation, I doubt anyone easily 'gets a handle on' this .... How do I do all I'd need/like to do, and also all the Net life I'd like to have? It's a constant quest.

But please don't worry about any apologies. We all understand. Don't you worry a bit. We want you to find happiness, in Net life. I know I enjoy it so much and it's a warm, cozy place for me. And I hope it will always be the same for you. Especially now, when you are so busy. And can use a bit of a respite in "Pretty Blog Land," some of the time.

'MN'

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Ditto. I have not been managing my time well at all. It seems like my husband's sudden return kind of threw my new schedule off. In other words it went out the window. I have got to get back to blogging, especially reading all of my friends blogs. I am really enjoying catching up on yours tonight.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I often feel the same way...I so much want to visit everyone, but just can't keep up, and still do other things that need to be done. As everyone else says, we should just enjoy, fit in what we can, and not fret.
Love your new blog 'look' :) So pretty!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Barb said...

You and me both, Linda. I'm beginning to have the attitude that the rest of my life really needs tending to first and blogging is my reward when I've got the time. My days and weeks are just getting completely away from me. I agree with Diane. It should be a pleasure, not a stress. So give yourself a break and don't worry about it. We're all in the same situation and we all understand.

I finally just hit "all read" last night, I was so far behind. Starting fresh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home