About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
GONE CAMPING!!
Bowing Down to the Golden Statue and My September ...
Stephanie
SHEP
Some Things I've Learned
Wearing Glasses
God's Word
Service?
Just Rambling
PRAISE

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, September 15, 2006
Home
We are home! We had a great time, but it is so good to be here in our own little house. Home has always meant comfort and peace and security to me. It sort of settles in the minute we turn into the driveway.

God answered all of prayers – for safety, good weather, and a warm time of fellowship and laughter. We are so thankful. Whether we were riding, biking, swimming, fishing, hiking or sitting around the camp fire, He was there with us. I am so thankful, too, for family and friends and sweet little granddaughters. You have blessed me abundantly Lord, and I love You and thank You with all my heart.

We drove through torrential rain to get to the Park – the kind of rain that comes down so hard you can barely see the road in front of you. However, there was a patch of blue sky right as we were nearing the Park. We had just enough time to check in and unload the “tons” of stuff we had packed in our vehicles before the rain came. It rained for about an hour, and then it was blue skies and sunshine for the rest of our stay.

I brought my Bible Study and books thinking I would be quiet while the rest of them did the more strenuous things, but I just didn’t want to miss out on anything and ended up doing very little sitting. These poor old legs are absolutely worn out – but it was fun. I told my son that if at his age anyone had told me I would be hiking up the side of a huge hill (seemed more like an actual mountain to me, but we don’t have those here in Texas) at nearly sixty years of age I would have laughed out loud. Somehow sixty doesn’t seem as old to me now as it did in my thirties. It was such fun.

The best part was getting to spend all that time with the kids and grandkids. My little three year old granddaughter is so precious I could just squeeze her to pieces. It is a delight to just listen to her talk and watch her play. She kept up with the rest of us in everything we did – her little legs walking as fast as they could go up the side of that “mountain”. Her big sister is equally precious and had big plans for every minute of the day. We’d drag in from a two hour hike, and she would be getting ready to go swimming.

It was a good time and I am so blessed. I love watching my grownup “little boy” with his girls. My daughter-in-law is a joy. We laugh and talk and share. She is an answer to a mother’s prayer for her son.

Thank You Lord – for riches beyond measure, for joy in abundance, for my precious family.

I missed all of you. I am glad to be home.

Blessings,
Linda

My daughter-in-law is the official photographer and took lots and lots of pictures. She promised to send me some. When she does, I'll post a few.
 
  posted at 3:41 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family and that you stopped by when you got home! I'm afraid I would be staying behind and reading instead of climbing those hills or mountains. I've gotten really lazy about those things. But my husband loves to take them hiking.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Well, what a surprise to find a comment from you on my blog. I thought you would be gone over the weekend too. I'm happy for you that you had such a good time. Making memories is time well-spent, I think. :-)

I'm looking forward to those pictures you promised. :-)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Welcome home. It looks like you did what I do when I come back from a trip: fire up the old computer and hit the blogs! We're hopeless!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger rena said...

Nice to have you back! Glad that you had a wonderful time of bonding with your earthly family and your heavenly Father..those are the best kinds of times, aren't they.

I had to chuckle at your "huge mountain" comment. I've read several blogs from people down south who talk about mountains etc and then show a photo of what to me looks like a little hill...being on the coast in BC, we have 3 mountain ranges and we're talking real mountains! I'll have to go hiking around Vancouver soon and post some pics of our coastal mountains.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, woo hoo! I am all smiles now that you are back. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your family. Your little gkids sound adorable. That's exactly how I feel about our little Ben, I could squeeze him to pieces too! So glad you are back, and welcome home!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time on your trip.
Spending time with our grown children and precious grandchildren is truly one of life's greatest blessings, isn't it?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hi, Linda. My daughter is trying to get 125 comments on her 125th blog post. Could you hop over there and help her out? Thanks!
http://kristenssocalledlife.blogspot.com/

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Welcome home, Linda. Sounds like you had a really nice time. But I know even after a nice little break like this, it's still nice to get back home.

I had a hectic crazy week. Today's a little calmer but I'm so far behind on taking care of this house I don't even know where to start. Don't give up on me - I'll keep that promise I made you asap.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

It sounds like you had a wonderfully fabulous time!! I'm so glad!! Welcome home!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

I am glad you had such a good time. Your family sounds so great.

Your blog looks amazing! What a great job you have done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home