About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Rain and Hope
My Word For the New Year
Happy New Year and an update
Interrupted Break
Christmas
The Light of the World
The Star
Finding the Perfect Christmas Tree
This Is Christmas
New Star Shining

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, January 09, 2009
Back to "Normal"
We drove my brother to the airport this morning to catch he noon flight back to the Big Apple. It was so good to have him here and difficult to see him leave. The days just flew by.

We gathered at my Mom and Dad's last evening and just had the best time talking and laughing. My brother's birthday was this past Wednesday - so we celebrated with coffee and cake. He is very much my younger brother. I was in my freshman year of college when he was born. I still remember running down the to the dorm phone (this was in the dark ages when there was just one phone on each floor in the old door where the freshmen women were housed) and hearing my Dad say, "It's a boy!" After two girls, he was absolutely thrilled.

I was married by the time Peter was two years old (He was all dressed up in a little blue velvet suit (with short pants) on my wedding day). So our relationship was a bit more like Aunt and adored nephew. My first son was born when he was five years old.

I don't get to see him very often, but I always love spending time with him. It was perfect timing for my parents too. My Dad is doing well after his hospital stay and so was home and able to enjoy spending time with Peter.

Speaking of my Dad. He called just a little while ago to say his visit with the cardiologist went very well. His next procedure is scheduled for January 16th. The doctor said he will check to be sure all is well with the splints he already has done and then he will decide how much more to do right then. There are three splints remaining to be inserted. I don't know how many will be done that day. It is just an over-night hospital stay which makes Dad extremely happy. His doctor said, "We don't want to make you as good as you were, we want to make you better." He is a wonderful doctor. My parents have great confidence in him. God is so very, very good.

So...we take a deep breath and slip back into the normal routine for a little while. We give thanks and we rest in Him. What a blessing it is to be able to bundle up all those worries and fears and lay them at the feet of Jesus. It isn't just the relief of the heavy weight, it is the knowing that He will do exactly what is best for us. He loves us that much. That is what gives hope, peace and joy - real joy. Thank You Lord Jesus - for loving us so perfectly.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:57 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a fun time you had with your brother, and what a blessing that your dad is doing so well.

I too was in college in the dark ages when there was one phone on each floor - and you could only talk 5 minutes so someone else could have a call. Except those girls with boyfriends who didn't follow the rules!

Also "man in the hall" was a frequent sound we heard as repairmen came to fix something. Oh, those were the days - so much better days than now when boys and girls are all mixed up in dorms (except good Christian colleges who are keeping the standards high). Well, didn't mean to editorialize there!

My youngest brother was born when I was almost 11, so we always were close when he was growing up, because I took care of him a lot.

The twins were born on your brother's birthday, it seems. Be sure to go over and read Kristen's lovely tribute to those sweet babies!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

glad you had a good visit with your brother. Happy to hear your Dad is doing well. Just having a dr. he really likes is a help

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Glad you had a great visit and your father is doing so well. Mine is better, we still don't know exactly what the problem is.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the cold front.

Annette

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so thankful for you to hear all this good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home