About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Gold
The Old "Ego Buster"
Mission Accomplished
My Father's Eyes
VIOLETS
Wisdom
Quilt Show
Works For Me Wednesday
The Simple Woman's Daybook
Worry

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, August 17, 2008
I DID IT!!




I put the final stitches into my quilt last evening! It has taken a very long time and is far from perfect, but I am pleased with the results. It is my very first quilt, and now I am anxious to do more. However, I think my next project will be a smaller one! This one is a gift to my sweet husband. While I was working on it I realized that all the other quilts have been gifts either to me or to both of us. This one is just for him.

This afternoon I'm going to hunt through the boxes and find all my tatting supplies. I will have to start from scratch as I haven't done it in a few years. I'll work on it while we continue to watch the Olympics (I don't like to just sit and watch tv without something to keep my hands occupied.)

Have a blessed sunday dear friends,
 
  posted at 12:37 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a beautiful quilt! That is something I do not have patience to do.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Congratulations, Linda! It is beautiful. It reminds me of the wonderful Chiaverini books I'm reading. It is one thing I don't think I"ll ever try, but I have much regard for you who do!

I haven't been watching the Olympics, for some strange reason, this time around. I don't really know why. Partly because it's on so late and I know I'd fall asleep anyway! But I have heard so many sermons and devotionals that compare the aspects of the Olympics with our spiritual walk and journey.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Oh Linda----it is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it and know he will appreciate it! There's lots of love stitched in!
I have one quilt project set aside--some pieces cut...others waiting...and I have not been ab le to get myself in GEAR to get it done! But after seeing YOURS...I KNOW I have GOT to!!!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What an accomplishment. Your husband must be so thrilled with this quilt!
xo

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Your husband must be so thrilled with it! You have made it with so much love. I am so proud of you!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

It's lovely, Linda. I know what a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

I've done some baby quilts and a few lap quilts, all by hand. I just don't care for machine quilting. The doing, not the finished work. It's just too bulky and cumbersome to maneuver the work under the needle.

My Grandma used to tat and I wanted to learn, but she died when I was 18 and she didn't get a chance to pass on her skills.

Hope your new week is blessed, dear friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Amy said...

cool! I'm only a beginner at quilting but I definitely need more time to practice :-)

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. Are you taking orders? Have a blessed week.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I am seriously SUPER impressed and envious and impressed! Wow!

God Bless!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home