About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
TODD
Thank You and an Update
The Driveway Leading Home
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
A Listening Heart
Bloom Where You Are Planted
Potential In Jesus
Red Flag Day
One Thousand Gifts
Stay Alert!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, February 22, 2008
One Thousand Gifts

"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord." Psalm 104: 33, 34




86. I discovered them yesterday. They are growing right by the front porch - the first tiny harbingers of spring. They are the first ones to make their appearance every year - a sweet reminder of God's faithfulness.




87. Learning to quilt with my Mom - a work in progress.







88. The joy of creating something to warm our home - a sense of accomplishment!



89. The privilege of taking piano lessons from a talented lady who has become a dear friend.

90. Answered prayer and the comfort that comes from knowing friends have prayed for us.

91. Seeing an eagle for the first time (in person). We were riding past the field with all the hay bales, and there he was. It was such a thrill to watch him spread his enormous wings and fly across the field.

92. Letters from a precious friend.

93. A prayer partner

94. Sitting outdoors at a little table enjoying a delicious ice cream cone with my husband.

95. Precious promises from the Living Word: "I will go before you andmake the rough places smooth;" Isaiah 45: 2a

96. "Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49: 16

Blessings,

 
  posted at 2:13 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Linda,

I'm finally catching up on your news...I'm so sorry to have been such an absentee commenter lately, just so many other things needing to be done around the house, leaving me little time for the computer! How wonderful that your dad is now home and that the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him!! I read with interest the story of your son Todd...my sister in law Gloria was diagnosed with MS over 9 years ago and passed away last August. She was 67 years old. So, I'm very familiar with what MS can do to a person and how debilitating it can be in some cases. Todd sounds like a wonderful man with a lot of faith and support...a son you can be very proud of:-) xox

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Wow - what gorgeous quilts you are creating. Oh - and piano lessons - sweet :)

Yes, His word is like honey to my weary soul...

Thank you for sharing part of your gifts list. I really need to get back to mine...thank you for the reminder.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a beautiful piano! And the brand new renewed life showing up in the ground.

Someday I want to hop on a plane and come visit you!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Those quilts are just beautiful!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Wow, those quilts! I loved this entire list, Linda. I lingered over each one because I loved how each thing speaks of God's love and goodness. Thank you so much for the way you wrote this!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Linda--I love that. And, I have been praying for Todd. I am glad you were able to share his story. God is good. There is nothing beyond Him, nor are there anything that happens that is a surpise to Him. We have faith. We trust.We believe.
I love you Linda and will be praying for you as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home