About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Service?
Just Rambling
PRAISE
Why I Chose Middle Years
Me and My Grandma
My Grandmother
The Flower Garden
My Garden - My Heart
Pizza Box Meme
I'm Not Going Back to Babylon

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, September 04, 2006
God's Word
God’s word is living and powerful. I know that, and yet whenever I have one of those special moments where the word speaks so clearly to me, I am amazed.

This morning I was feeling very discouraged about so many things – mainly my own besetting sins – those things that for some reason I keep repeating over and over again. There are times I find it difficult to ask for forgiveness. It is the same old thing. Surely the Lord is tired of hearing it. Surely it’s time for victory over these things.

I was also feeling afraid about some of the circumstances we find ourselves in right now. I thought I had given it all over to the Lord, but there is was again. I felt like I was slipping back into the pit.

I was praying and confessing and feeling so miserable. I asked the Lord to please speak to me through His word. I opened to the Psalm I am on for today, and these are the verses that pierced my heart:

“If I should say, “my foot has slipped,” Thy lovingkindness, O lord, will hold me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.”
Psalm 94: 18,19

How I needed to know that He loves me – even when I slip, whether through sin or fear. To know, He understands when I have anxious thoughts and is there to offer consolation.
Oh how His word touches my heart. What a gracious, loving Father we have. When I cry out to Him, He not only bends down to listen, He answers with perfect wisdom and love.

A short time ago God gave me a mental image of Himself as the Good Shepherd and me as the little lamb. I believe it was so that I would get a picture of perfect trust. I imagined Him leading me in the right way and carrying me when the times were difficult. I saw the perfect provision in still waters and green grass. I pictured lying down to rest in perfect peace because He was standing guard. Today He lifted me up out of the pit and cradled me in His arms.

Thank You Father, for Your love, for Your word and for grace.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 1:03 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I needed to read these words today, Linda. I really did. Thank you.

And I'm looking at what you and your daughter accomplished yesterday. It's wonderful. Your links are all in there and it was easy, wasn't it? Very very easy to add more when you want to.

And look how nice your blogroll looks. That's one thing that's still beyond my expertise.

Good job. I know you feel a lot better now that you had some hands-on help. And that html code isn't nearly as scary as you thought, huh. :-)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, Brings peace to my heart reading that he is cradling you in his arms. Hope everythings okay. :)

You did it! You smarty you, with your own blogroll and here I am just feeling green around the gills about it all. I think I might try that blogrolling service, however, what to do if once I get in there and then I realize I'm headed up the creek without a paddle...(((*smile*))) Great job doing your blogroll, nice that you have a daughter who can help!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Isn't it wonderful how God knows what we are going through and what we are going to read on a day that we absolutely need it? Or He even has someone write just the words in a devotional book for just the right moment. He is so awesome!

My daughter is my blogging expert - I have learned a few things, but don't know what I would do without her!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger sarahdodson said...

Good post, Linda. The Lord definitely uses his word to encourage us.

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs in his arm and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."
~Isaiah 40:11

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

A few months ago the Lord gave me that same mental image, Him the shepherd picking me the sheep up and carrying me. (I am sure its not all that unusual) but I had forgotten it till you mentioned it. In fact it inspired me to write a short story at the time, which eventually, once I get some drawing done for it, I may actually post, just for fun.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, I just wanted to let you know that your encouraging words really spurred me on and I got the sidebar done. Thanks so much for your kind words and I sure hope everything is going alright for you.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I loved what you said. I don't know what we'd do without a loving God who really is so caring and gentle, and lifts us in so many ways.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Just noticed that you asked about the Faith Lifts button. Just click on it in my sidebar it will take you directly to to sight. page clear down to the bottom after you are finished reading. copy the code...all of it, go into your template, scroll all the way down to almost 1/2 inch from the bottom you will see sidebar begins paste the code just above where it says your own text could go here or where ever you want it. preview it and if you like it, save and publish, if not, clear edits. (press ctrl on your keyboard and then the letter C will copy the code once it is all highlighted)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Just noticed that you asked about the Faith Lifts button. Just click on it in my sidebar it will take you directly to to sight. page clear down to the bottom after you are finished reading. copy the code...all of it, go into your template, scroll all the way down to almost 1/2 inch from the bottom you will see sidebar begins paste the code just above where it says your own text could go here or where ever you want it. preview it and if you like it, save and publish, if not, clear edits. (press ctrl on your keyboard and then the letter C will copy the code once it is all highlighted)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home