About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
PRAISE
Why I Chose Middle Years
Me and My Grandma
My Grandmother
The Flower Garden
My Garden - My Heart
Pizza Box Meme
I'm Not Going Back to Babylon
Life's "Inevitables"
Is That You Lord?

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, September 01, 2006
Just Rambling
I don’t know what to write today. My brain is in neutral. It is a beautiful day, and the temperature isn’t in the triple digits anymore (high nineties feels cool compared to that for some reason). I don’t have to leave the house, which is always nice (well I did walk to the bank a little while ago, but that doesn’t count). There is nothing pressing that needs to be done. I love these kinds of days.

I always think that I will have much leisure time to do some of those things I keep promising myself I’ll get done – I have let the pictures that need to be put into an album pile up again; I have a letter to write; I should call the elderly woman who is a shut-in; I could look for some new recipes (I am thoroughly sick of cooking the same old meals but am not a very creative cook); I have my quilt to work on (I haven’t done anything with it in weeks).

Most likely none of those things will get done (except the phone call – I must do that). I tend to get side-tracked so easily. My computer seemed unusually slow, so I decided to do some maintenance. My Mom just had a little out-patient surgery to remove some skin cancer, so I visited with her awhile this morning (My parents live in a little attached apartment in the back of our house). It is now nearly lunch time – the morning is gone.

I sometimes wish for a few more hours in my day – preferably in the morning when I’m still semi-lively. However, I would probably fritter them away as well. I marvel at those people who are Type A and always accomplishing so much in any given twenty-four hour period. I do have days like that, but they are certainly not the norm for me. After a couple of days on the go, I feel like I need to have a day like today or I’ll fall apart.

So….it’s a lazy day, and I’m just going to go with the flow. I don’t seem to be flowing much of anywhere right now, but that’s okay. Tomorrow promises to be a busy one. I’m storing up energy.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 12:02 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh, I so love those "lazy" days. DOn't get many of them. Maybe that's why I enjoy them so much?!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, We all need to take a day to recharge our batteries. Like you said, tomorrow you will be rejuvenated for your big day.

Hope your Mom is okay with the skin cancer?

How's the blogging book? Is it user friendly. *smile*

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a day I would love! I read yesterday and totally relate with the feeling of being totally exhausted on Wednesday night (it's one of my full days with the grandkids). I am tempted to stay home, but am always rejuvenated after choir practice. Glad to hear we're not the only church that still has a choir - only ours is obviously much smaller than yours!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hello Linda ~ It is nice to meet you
and thanks for leaving a nice comment
We all need to have an easy day once in a while, so enjoy it while you can.You have a nice blog here. I am past the Middle Years (72) but it is great to see our children grow up and have families of their own. Being a grandma is so special isn't it? I agree with you about the poem -- we are at a nice stage in our lives. Take care Linda,and welcome. Cheers, Merle.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Good morning, cutie! I'm in central Texas, where we just got out of (or are getting out of) the 100s to the 90s, and it IS a RELIEF! Crazy, eh?

Recommendation: savingdinner.com. (I don't work for them!) For $10, you get 3 months' worth of menus with serving suggestions, and a grocery list, laid out beautifully, for each item you'll need. LeeAnn is a nutritionist, and that means, with very few exceptions, the meals are delicious! And you have choices: low-carb, frugal, for two, etc. (A great gift for newlyweds.) Check out the site, anyway.

My wallpaper border glue screams for removal from my bedroom, and I haven't been able to stay home one day this week -- that was NOT my plan!

Have a blessed holiday weekend. We can't barbecue yet because of the burn ban (drought). Rats.

Yours and His,
Vivian

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Hi Linda,

I hope you do get to just relax and take it easy today. Seems like every time I think I have a quiet day coming up, something happens to make it as crazy as all my other days. Right now I think I have this whole weekend to catch up on everything computer-wise. So I'm just sitting here waiting to find out why that's not going to happen. :-)

When I know I need to get something done, here's what I do. I turn my computer completely off and close the door to the office. We have high speed so being on line doesn't tie up our phone line which means I leave AOL up all day long. If the computer's on, I can't pass by this office without running in here to see if I have new comments or email. And if I do, then I'm trapped again. Can't walk away from it.

So by turning the computer off, I know that I'll have to sit here and wait for everything to come up again. For some reason, it's easy to say, no, I'll do that later. Then maybe I actually get the kitchen floor mopped! Or dinner cooked!

I'll be talking to you over the weekend. I printed out your questions and will get to them later today.

Hope you have a nice quiet day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home