About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Why I Chose Middle Years
Me and My Grandma
My Grandmother
The Flower Garden
My Garden - My Heart
Pizza Box Meme
I'm Not Going Back to Babylon
Life's "Inevitables"
Is That You Lord?
Kicking Rocks

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, August 30, 2006
PRAISE
We just got home from choir practice. It’s been a long day. Everything seems to have fallen on Wednesday this year – Bible Study, helping put the music in the 350 folders for choir practice, and then going back into town in the evening for choir practice. By the time we finish our hurried dinner, I just feel tired. I kind of wish I could just take a nice long bath and relax for the rest of the evening.

I notice, once we get there, that I’m not the only one feeling that way. It seems to be a sort of universal feeling – tired (especially those who have come straight from a full day of work). However, there is another feeling that seems to be felt by all of us, and it’s that once we start to sing we just aren’t tired any more. We are just glad to be there.

What is it about praising the Lord? Suddenly everything is different. It’s nothing short of miraculous. We sing about Him and something inside of us changes. When I begin to speak words about the character of God, I am blessed.

There was a dark period in my life when I literally just didn’t know how to pray. I asked the Lord what I should ask for in the circumstances we found ourselves, and the answer came back “Praise”. I did, and it ministered to me in a way I cannot explain. There was peace and joy. The circumstances didn’t change, something inside of me did.

When we first started attending a more charismatic church than we had been raised in, I didn’t really understand about praise. I would look around me at the people with upraised hands and think,” Do they all have it so together that they can do that? Are their lives so right in God’s sight?” I learned that it really didn’t have anything to do with them or their spiritual condition; it had everything to do with God and who He is. And He is worthy of all my praise and adoration.

I think too that praise is more than words or beautiful music – it is a life lived loving and serving Him. I want my life to be an instrument of praise. I want people to see more of Jesus and less of me. I have so far to go, but He gives grace.

It was so good to praise Him tonight. I am refreshed. He is holy and worthy of all our praise.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 9:33 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I love the praise and worship part of church service. I rush my kids along just to get there in time for this. They think I am crazy because I go like a madwoman so that I don't even miss 1 minute of this. I love the singing, the praising, all of it.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
Daniel 12:3

I'm so glad you enjoyed church and that your spirit was refreshed. That's wonderful!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I noticed the same phenomena tonight, though in our case we were having a meeting for our new women's ministry and the worship team was practicing. It was an incredibly busy day and ver hard to get to the meeting, but once there, everything fell into place. I think part of it was entering the church and hearing (and singing along in my head) with such joyful praise, but I think it was also because each of us had had to fight Satan off to get there and yet we were faithful and thus was the Lord.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Hello there! I've been lurking, and enjoying your posts. Prolific writer (does that mean pro-life?)! We sing a lot of scripture songs, and some of them just bring tears to my eyes! Be blessed today.

Yours and His,
Vivi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home