About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Stay Alert!
An Award
Happy Birthday Dad
Life is Like a Crossword Puzzle
Alie
41 YEARS
As My World Tilts
Casting Your Care Upon Him
Can You Hear Me God?
One Thousand Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
One Thousand Gifts




"Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow."
James 1:17

46. the cheerful song of a cardinal perched on the topmost branch of the tree

47. rose colored clouds at sunset

48. a hot bubble bath on a cold winter night

49. the gift of a heart-shaped gold ring from the love of my life for out 41st anniversary

50. the two of us - sitting quietly - not needing conversation

51. a new book - a story waiting to be discovered

52. fuzzy pink slipper-socks with big pink polka dots!!

53. a bike ride with good friends

54. answered prayer - the miracle of two tiny baby girls for Kristen

55. celebrating Dad's 88th birthday

56. the warmth and strength of my husband's hand

57. my comfortable bed with fresh, clean sheets at the end of a long day - ahhh

58. the tiny bird perched on the edge of the bird bath - carefully taking a drink

59. hot soup on a cold winter night

60. coming home to warmth and familiar things

61. bags full of groceries - the daily provision from a loving Father

62. the gentle click of knitting needles

63. opening the "in box" and finding notes from friends

64. hearing "Hi Mom" at the other end of the phone

65. my piano - the joy of learning to play

66. our mailman Mel - cheerfully whistling as he delivers the mail

67. Jane Austen movies - how I love a good story

68. A verse for the new year: "He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." Psalm 23:3

69. A "word" from His heart to mine - "Path". In complete surrender to His will, I want to follow the path He has set before me. Trust - for I don't have any idea where the path will lead this year.

70. the little plant I had nearly given up for dead - thriving and boasting beautiful flowers.

71. enjoying the ministry of a smile

72. a new friend

73. encouragement

74. "All the paths of the Lord are loving kindness and truth to those who keep His covenant and His testimonies." Psalm 25:10

75. writing - the pen moving over paper

76. the string section of our church orchestra - beautiful music

77. two hawks circling high overhead and calling to each other

78. sharing stories and laughter with my piano teacher

79. prayer

80. a glimpse of blue sky through the clouds - the promise of sunshine

81. the young steer with a sweet face - watching as we ride by

82. the adorable little toddler who walked over to me in the restaurant just to take my hand and say hi

83. the scent of the new bar of soap

84. helping us to find the lost tire changer for the bikes

85. a walk in the crisp refreshing air

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:36 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Linda,
We're grateful for many of the same things! It's so easy to take the 'small things' for granted, so I appreciate the wonderful things you've written.

Your list reflects a very grateful, contented woman, Linda. Praise God.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

#54 - thank you, dear friend! What a blessing you have been to us. Kate will be coming home probably on Friday!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I loved reading your list Linda. So many wonderful blessings!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Blessings indeed. What an uplifting post. Thank you dear Linda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home