About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
His Purpose
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Walking Through the Mist
Thankful Thursday and A Change
Bits and Pieces
I'm Late, I'm Late.....
Fear
Hope
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Stand Still
In spite of the record-breaking amount of rain we’ve had this past winter, we are once again in need of rain. It hasn’t rained in the past few weeks, and the ground is looking cracked and parched. When I woke up this morning it was dark and dreary, and the skies held the promise of rain. I looked out my bedroom window at the stand of ancient oaks that stand like sentinels in our front yard and thought how they must be longing for refreshing rain. If they could speak, I thought, they would be crying out frantically to God to open up the heavens for them. If they could move, they would be searching for water on their own. But as I looked at them standing so strong and resilient, I knew that they were a picture of something God has been whispering into my spirit in recent days. Those trees were simply standing still and waiting for the God who has faithfully tended them for well over one hundred years to send the rain they need – in His time.

Just last week we decided to change real estate agents. Our property has been for sale for over two years now, and we are still waiting. The new agent was so enthused when she saw our house and the two acres that it sits on. She said she thought we would have no problem selling and couldn’t understand why it hadn’t already sold. She even had a couple in mind that she was sure would be very interested. Our hopes were raised. We felt sure the Lord would soon send us a buyer.

Days have gone by without a single call. I am feeling discouraged and trying to figure out what I can do to help things along. Should I call and check on things? Should I ask about that couple? Is there something more we should be doing? I do believe the Lord expects us to do whatever we can in a given situation, but when we have done everything we know to do it is time to stand still and wait. That’s the hard part for me. I want to help things along.

When I opened my little devotional today, this is what I read: “Turn to your Lord today with a patience that waits for His sure deliverance.” I believe the Lord is trying to tell me something. I seem to have to learn the lesson of trust over and over again. How He longs for me to rest in His love and just trust. There are bigger things I’ve asked of Him – things of even greater importance than selling this place – and I have not had an answer yet. I am encouraged that waiting doesn’t mean no. It simply means I will trust Him to work on my behalf according to His time and His will.

I have been listening to a CD by the Isaacs with this beautiful song that I play over and over again:

“The Father has a plan
Though it’s hard to see it now
You feel you’re walking all alone
But He is there no doubt.
When the storm around you rages
And you’re tossed to and fro
When you’re faced with life’s decisions
Not sure which way to go

Stand still and let God move
Standing still is hard to do.
When you feel you have reached the end
He’ll make a way for you.
Stand still and let God move.

When the enemy surrounds you
And the walls are closing in
When the tide is swiftly rising
And you wonder where He’s been
Friend, there never was a moment
That His arms weren’t reaching out
You can rest assured and be secure
God is moving right now.

When you feel you have reached the end
He’ll make a way for you.
Stand still and let God move

The answer will come
But only in His time
Stand still and let God move.

I pray that in your times of waiting He will come and wrap You in His great arms of love and give you peace and rest.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:12 AM