Monday, November 26, 2007
One Thousand Gifts
21. I find it sheer joy to listen to my four (soon to be five) year old granddaughter Hannah. Her conversation is so earnest. She has so much she wants to share. The big thing this time was her tooth. She lost her first tooth last week and received four quarters from the Tooth Fairy. When I asked her what happened to her tooth, she said (in a very matter of fact voice)- "It got fairied away." Grandma should have known that. I treasure these little conversations and store them in a special compartment in my heart.
22. The warmth of sitting around a campfire in the chill night air and quietly watching the flames dance.
23. The laughter that comes even in the face of difficult times.
24. The sound of fallen leaves crunching under the tires of my bike.
25. Knowing that someone is praying for me.
26. The comfort of a hot chocolate and a good book.
27. The love and faith that binds our family together.
I have enabled my comments once again. I thought it would be all right. If, however, I let things get "unbalanced" again I will know I need to turn it off. Please know that I try to read all your posts. I just don't always comment. You are very dear to me.