About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thanksgiving in the Woods
Happy Thanksgiving
They're Back!!!
My Computer Is All Better Now
At the Library
He Never Gives Up
One Thousand Gifts
The Chains That Bind
The Weekend
Just a Chat

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, November 26, 2007
One Thousand Gifts






21. I find it sheer joy to listen to my four (soon to be five) year old granddaughter Hannah. Her conversation is so earnest. She has so much she wants to share. The big thing this time was her tooth. She lost her first tooth last week and received four quarters from the Tooth Fairy. When I asked her what happened to her tooth, she said (in a very matter of fact voice)- "It got fairied away." Grandma should have known that. I treasure these little conversations and store them in a special compartment in my heart.

22. The warmth of sitting around a campfire in the chill night air and quietly watching the flames dance.

23. The laughter that comes even in the face of difficult times.

24. The sound of fallen leaves crunching under the tires of my bike.

25. Knowing that someone is praying for me.

26. The comfort of a hot chocolate and a good book.

27. The love and faith that binds our family together.


I have enabled my comments once again. I thought it would be all right. If, however, I let things get "unbalanced" again I will know I need to turn it off. Please know that I try to read all your posts. I just don't always comment. You are very dear to me.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 7:40 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I saw you enabled your comments and just wanted to let you know I am still here!!! :-)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I am here too!

What a beautiful list!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger As We Sail... said...

You sure do have a lot of blessings.
Also, that is my kind of vacation, outdoor living.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Your Thanksgiving cabin pix are great, Linda. Looks like a good time was had by all.

I think that your little Hannah and my granddaughter Mayra (5) would be splendid friends. She is a doll.

And I completely agree with #26 - I adore hot chocolate and a good book!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Somehow I missed the first 20, so I was really confused! 1000 is a lot of blessings, but I'm sure we all have them - taking time to list them is awesome.

I love spending time alone with each grand, but don't get too very often - usually it's the whole bunch. But Feisty and I have time alone now, because the others are in school. She is such fun when she gets a chance to be the "star of the show!"

I hope you can feel right about keeping comments open!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

I understand completely about the unbalanced part of blogging. I am trying my best to keep it under control. I also read sometimes without commenting.

I have found that lately, for blogging to be meaningful to me in the way I want it to, I have to slow down and just read a few blogs at a time. That usually means I don't get to everyone I would like to every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home