About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Happy Thanksgiving
They're Back!!!
My Computer Is All Better Now
At the Library
He Never Gives Up
One Thousand Gifts
The Chains That Bind
The Weekend
Just a Chat
Mercy

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thanksgiving in the Woods

This is the little cabin we called home last week. It was cozy and warm (for those of us who don't really like to rough it - it came equipped with a.c. and heat - lovely).



The first few days it was warm enough to eat outdoors.



We had plans to have fish prepared over an open fire. Alas, the fish were not cooperative. This is our son Todd and his younger daughter Hannah.


Our granddaughters, Lauren and Hannah, patiently waiting for a nibble.



On Wednesday night a cold front blew in. We dragged out our winter clothes and went for a hike on Thanksgiving morning. Here is Hannah with her walking stick, ready to take on the elements.



Thanksgiving day, sitting around the camp fire. My Mom and Dad and husband Steve enjoying the company and the warmth of the fire.


Our daughter Lisa trying to keep warm. She drove my Mom and Dad up to the campgrounds on Thanksgiving Day.

We had a wonderful time. We had been through a very difficult week leading up to the trip and we needed the peace and rest of this lovely place. These are just a few of the precious blessings God has so generously poured into my life. They are the loved ones that fill my life with joy.

Our older son and his family were planning to join us on Friday, but an emergency appendectomy changed their plans. Our twelve year old grandson Jared had to have his appendix removed in the early morning hours the day after Thanksgiving. He is doing well. We are very thankful.

I pray you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 11:36 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That cabin looks tooooo cozy. And those girls? What little beauties.

Praying for a quick recovery for your grandson... what a bummer. At least it was AFTER the big day!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Linda,
What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving with your family. The area looks so beautiful and the happy smiles reflect the love your family has at being together!
So sorry to hear about your precious grandson's surgery. I'll keep him in my prayers.
I'm so very glad you're allowing comments again, as I feel more in touch with you this way!
xoxo

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I love the cabin! And your family is just lovely, Linda. I hope your grandson is better soon.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a cozy looking place! I'm glad it was a good time away for you.

I'm also glad the appendectomy went well.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such a perfect place to spend Thanksgiving with family! I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time...your granddaughters are just darling!! Oh dear, an emergency appendectomy...my oldest son Shawn had to have that when he was 19 years old and he had the surgery just in time, another few minutes and it would have busted the surgeon told us afterwards. Speedy recovery to your grandson!! xox

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Camping with the family? For Thanksgiving? Now that's my kind of holiday! ;o)

Loved the pictures, Linda, and I'm glad your grandson is recuperating. Hope he has a quick and pain free recovery.

Have a great week, my friend! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a fun time! Too bad about Jared, but thankful he's okay. My DIL had an appendectomy when it was really a burst ovary. The pits!!

Such wonderful pictures - they are adorable little girls and your children so handsome and pretty!

What a pleasant way to spend time together - sorry the fish didn't cooperate. I guess they didn't want to be Thanksgiving dinner.

We've been in the deep freeze, and we went to the parade in Estes Park and froze. But it was fun and it feels more like it's supposed to around here.

Have a great week "getting back in the groove."

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

We just got back from our "Thanksgiving in the woods" too, and I just had to pop over and see if you had any pictures. What a beautiful, beautiful family! (I'm so sorry for Jared-- I hope he's recovering comfortably...) I hope y'all stayed warm, it looks like a great time!

Love you!!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Linda,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family. What a blessing to have family time away in the woods!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hard to believe you were camping when I look out my window where it's snowy and freeeeezing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home